1235»

Replies

• Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    4ft 11
  • ngreunke29
    Options
    I am exactly 5-ft and my current weight fluctuates between 138-142. My goal is about 120-125. I would love to have some people with the same goals to keep the motivation going!!
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 5 apparently! first time ive ever known what my height is! :D happy to have more friends :smile:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and would kill to be as "fat" as you guys are! I haven't seen 135lbs in 17 years!

I am tentatively aiming for 145 even though I know that that is 10# into the "overweight" zone...

Agreed. I'm 5'2, currently 172, aiming for 140. The lowest i've been as an adult was around 152 and it really seemed like I only needed another 10-15lb loss to be happy with my weight/size at that time (I was a size 10)
  • LisaGCone
    LisaGCone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your OP was Aug 2012. What is your status today, Jan 2014? I am 5'1", 123 lbs, 51 yrs old female. My goal is 110 lbs. These last 13 lbs are definitely the hardest to lose.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you said! I had fallen to a very comfortable 115 pounds, where I'm happy to live my life (61 years old, 4' 11") and have added 3 1/2 pounds and my jeans are damned uncomfortable. One pair I can't even get into. I have a Costa Rican vacation coming (bathing suit) and my stepdaughter's wedding in a few weeks. I know I only need to lose a few pounds but it's so hard. And I adore carbs and sugar! But I'm going to try to take it one day at a time.

Hang in there, everyone!
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)

I'm a 5'5 with 132lbs.. My goal is around 125lbs. I try not to freak out about a number and after I'm not allowed to drop under 126 lbs theoretically (right now still in therapy and if I lose too much weight, she'd end it), I simply try to live healthy, to include some more fear foods in my diet (even though they're "unhealthy") and to become somewhat more active.
    After all, I'm fine if the number stays around the number it is right now, I'll just try to build up some muscles, they may weight more but they're important :)
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 4-11 1/2" and my weight has crept up over the last several years. At age 50, I was about 114 pounds. I could do about 15 or 20 standard pushups, was hitting the gym, doing some cardio, and was in great shape. Over the next ten years my weight crept up (I married, moved, changed jobs) and recently my highest recorded weight was 141 for a brief week, when I said OMG! And it became action time.

Then, I saw a picture of me at a wedding (in a size 12 petite dress :cry: ) shortly after that, and :noway: OMG :noway: OMG :noway: OMG.

I want to get back to 115 pounds. No, I NEED to get back that weight. I feel good, I look good, and I'm not at all too skinny at that weight, which would put me back in a size 6 or size 8.

I'm 60 years old now, and at 138 pounds; Do the math, I'm 20% over 115 pounds. Calculating the other way, I want to lose about 17% of my current weight.

For a small person, just 10 or 15 pounds is a major difference for us.

Good thread here, I will keep checking in for some motivation and to see how everyone keeps doing. :bigsmile:

Gerry

PS....
    Your OP was Aug 2012. .....
    Oh, just realized this thread is so old, but still a good one.

Thank you nadiabear1 for bring the thread back to life. :bigsmile:
  • mstran137
    Options
    I'm here. 30 years old, 5' with 115 lbs now, My starting weight was 160 lbs. It took me over 2 years to lose 45lbs. I want to lose 15 lbs more and make my son be proud of me! The last 15 lbs seem to be the hardest. I'm trying my best but not really confident. Wish I can do it.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 and have a current goal weight of 116 lbs. I'm currently 124 lbs and persons are already telling me how skinny I am. But my body fat is still pretty high so I'm going to keep going.
  • SASHIMI4U
    Options
    I am 5ft and 156lbs =( I would really like to be less than 120 and everyone here is my motivation! I really hope I can do it
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    5 Ft 1" here and 60 years I was small until 35 and then boom, something happened and I could not eat everything I wanted to!

HW 192
    CW 172
    GW 130 and then I will re-evaluate. Long way to go.

Word to the wise: yes additional weight on a small frame shows more but those of us who require fewer calories than others, need the nutrition in those calories to be high. Unfortunately, the adage about not eating empty calories applies to us more than others because we don't have that much room to spare.

Good eating all!
  • bonesai17
    bonesai17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I Googled searched and found this post because I was feeling down on myself.

I am 44 years old. I am 4 feet and 11.75 inches tall. I weigh 118lbs.

I've been stuck on 118lbs for a year.

In 2007 I was 100lbs. But then I started training Kung Fu and Tai Chi. I gained muscle and weight to be 109lbs. Then I just developed a voracious appetite for food.

I can't seem to lose 18lbs. Or even 10lbs. I have cut calories to about 1100-1200 calories a day. But to no avail, I can't seem to lose it.

I have read somewhere recently that as women age, their metabolism changes. Is this true? Do any women my age have any advice for me or can direct me to any articles I can use?

Thank you,
    Diana
  • kiomami
    kiomami Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'1 and trying you lose 10-20 pounds. My current weight is 130, but I felt great at 120 (muscular build.) Anyone can add me, I would like some accountability and it's fun to browse other people's diaries. Being short is the worst because our calories are so resticted.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    4ft 11 here xxx