Hit my plateau..

Options
Hi everyone,

I haven't lost any weight for about 3 weeks. I started exercising more regularly (before just cutting calories) but it hasn't made a difference. I'm trying not to eat my exercise calories, either, but no difference.

Tips?

I'm 5ft6 and 11 stone 4, 158lb.

Thanks!!

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating enough calories to maintain your weight for a week or so and then go back to dieting?
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I started exercising I stalled for about a month! I think it was my muscles storing extra water while repairing themselves.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had a 3 week long plateau a while back and what I found worked for me was eating 100-200 more calories each day than I was previously eating. i was previously on a 1,200 calorie diet, I switched to eating between 1,300 and 1,400 a day for a week and then I suddenly dropped 2 pounds. I then switched back to eating, 1,200 a day with no problems.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    ***get out the measuring tape and put the scale away.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I had a 3 week long plateau a while back and what I found worked for me was eating 100-200 more calories each day than I was previously eating. i was previously on a 1,200 calorie diet, I switched to eating between 1,300 and 1,400 a day for a week and then I suddenly dropped 2 pounds. I then switched back to eating, 1,200 a day with no problems.

This ^^^ Works like a charm.
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. I am 5'6" and 154 lbs. I have not lost any weight for about 3-4 weeks. I have decided to switch from walking to workout dvd's to make my body try something it's not as efficient at.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a plateau for a couple days this summer and I just stuck to my plan minus a couple hundred calories and exercised vigorosly. Then the plateau was over. Most of the old wives tales you read here are just that. Lower intake and higher burn is only solution. But if you want, you can sleep with a spoon under your pillow.