25 Tips to Order Healthy Choices At Any Restaurant

Options
4 quick tips to ordering in any restaurant
1. Learn to order better.
2. Be careful where you eat. No all-you-can-eat buffets or steakhouses with enormous portions
3. Make friends with the waitperson. She can tell you about any dish.
4. Order Creatively. Soup, salad and an appetizer can stand in for a full meal. Extra vegetables can replace french fries.

6 tips to ordering Chinese
5. Ask for brown rice.
6. Start your meal with wonton, egg drop, or hot-and-sour soup.
7. When it comes to entrées, order from the "health" menu.
8. Make sure you order plenty of vegetables.
9. Take advantage of the bean curd (tofu).
10. Plan to take home leftovers.

4 tips to ordering Italian
11. Ask the waitperson not to bring the breadbasket.
12. If you want pasta, order a dish from the appetizer section of the menu, or share.
13. If it's on the menu, order simple grilled beef, veal, pork, chicken, fish, or shellfish.
14. For dessert, ask for fresh berries or fruit ice, if it's available, or a small plate of cookies to share.

6 tips to ordering Mexican
15. Ask the waitperson to take away the tortilla chips.
16. Order a healthy starter instead.
17. For an entrée, look to fajitas.
18. Order tacos or burritos without high-fat sour cream.
19. As a side dish, go for rice and beans instead of Mexican rice.
20. Have dessert at home.

5 tips to ordering fast food
21. Opt for simple grilled fare, if you can find it.
22. A simple hamburger isn't bad either -- if you order the smallest one without cheese or mayonnaise.
23. Order a la carte.
24. Take advantage of the salads but watch for fried chicken and fatty dressings.
25. Have yogurt.

Cheers!

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HooHoo, I liked this, Thanks!!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One tip I got from Weight Watchers many years ago and still use to this day: Ask for a to-go container to come with your food. Before you even start eating, put half of the food ino the to-go container. ("Clean" food is so much nicer to take home than food you've been picking at, anyway.)

More often than not, the waiter might say "Whenever you're ready for the to-go container, I'll bring it to you," and I smile and say "I'll be ready for it right when my food arrives."
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    More often than not, the waiter might say "Whenever you're ready for the to-go container, I'll bring it to you," and I smile and say "I'll be ready for it right when my food arrives."

this is a great tip. but really? i have never had a waiter/ress asking me if i wanted a to-go container before receiving my food. they usually never ask, i have to ask, or theyll grab my food and throw it out