A fast food meal worth falling off the wagon for???

Options
A couple of my MFP pals ate at a fast food restaurant for lunch today. I did the same on Monday so maybe I am the bad apple in this bunch. I was very encouraged by what I’ve seen them do and what I did myself. We balanced our day so that we didn’t go over our calorie allotted for the day, as simple as that.
I was encouraged by this behavior (especially from myself) because this means that I can do this thing for the rest of my life, and quite possibly without tracking every bite I eat. When we know and recognize we are eating a high calorie meal, that does not mean we’ve messed up, fallen off the wagon, or have to ‘start again’. All it means is that we have to adjust our day so that the rest of our meals are lower calorie but filling. I don’t condone skipping meals or not eating just so you can splurge on 1 meal, I’m cranky and mean when I’m hungry (not a pretty sight). I do however look forward to balancing my life with things I like to eat, things I want to eat, healthy things (none of these are mutually exclusive); activity, exercise, and just plain LIVING!!

Keep up the great work all you MFP’ers

Replies

• Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great story!
    I do enjoy the occasional treat.
    When I have a takeaway now, I have a chicken shish kebab. They are low in fat and cals but i actually really love them.
    Real naughty food that i love though... Domino's Pizza.
    Yum!