I have tons of Chicken Breasts!!!

Options
Does anyone know of any good recipes that i can use this chicken breasts with i have a ton!!!!! And im new to this journey and i want to make sure im using it as a healthy food item! Thanks in advance

Replies

• leyte26
    leyte26 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i just made chicken pot pie soup today and it was really yummy! i got the recipe from skinnytaste.com
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock pot, salsa chicken is yummy and so easy to make. I put 2 or 3 boneless chicken breasts in the crock(it actually makes a ton so unless you're feeding a crowd you won't need more than that) along with salsa, black beans, sometimes canned corn. I season the chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin first, then add everything else on top. Cook on low for no more than 6 hours. Eat it in tortillas, over rice, or just in a bowl. I like to garnish with a little lite sour cream and reduced fat shredded cheddar.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Another crock pot recipe coming your way!

3-4 chicken breasts.
    1 cup hotsauce
    1 packet dry ranch mix.

Put all in the crock pot on low for 6 hours. I usually do it overnight so I have it for lunch. Hand shred the chicken. Great with rice or in a tortilla. I really like using Special K chips (salt flavor), put the chicken on top. Since you use the Special K chips you can even add some onions and cheese and pretend it's nachos!

Edit: I'm not sure who posted this, I found this recipe here on MFP.
  • ladydragon1951
    ladydragon1951 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Saute in a little olive oil with chopped onion, garlic, peppers (red, green, yellow, what ever kind you like). Add your favorite spices, then add balsamic vinegar. This is great over rice or just to eat like it is. My whole family loves this, even the grandkids.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like to grill 6 or 8 chicken breasts on sunday- make a dinner out of 1 that night and then use them for all sorts of things thru the week..

Chicken salad- using yogurt or low fat mayo and chopped veggies- stuff in a flat out flat bread

Shred and 2 tablespoons and bbq sauce- top with slaw or side salad

2 table spoons any red sauce and add 1/4 cup shredded low fat mozerella cheese- bake- chicken parmasen

dice and toss in a stir fry. re heat and add any side dish for instant dinner.. with the grill flavor you are golden for any recipe!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I cook it in a crock pot with some cream cheese, a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of water, a little chicken bouillon and italian seasoning. I think it's really tasty.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I cut a pocket in it and stuff it full of spinach and 1 tbs of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in a covered dish at 350 for 30 min. It is so good my 9 yr old son even likes it. :smile:
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is great for finding recipes. Also, eatingwell.com and skinnytaste. :)
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Chicken Adobo

1 1/2 cups water
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    4 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
    3 Tbsp brown sugar
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    4 50g chicken thighs, cut into pieces
    2 cups spinach
    4 carrots
    4 celery stalks

1. In a large pot, combine the water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, peppercorns, and garlic. Mix together, add chicken pieces and simmer over low heat (uncovered) until chicken is cooked through and tender (25 to 35 minutes).
    2. Remove chicken from pot and brown in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and celery.
    3. Return chicken, with oil/juices and spinach, back to pot with reserved sauce. Cover and simmer over medium heat until desired amount of sauce is yielded.

141 Cal 20 Carbs 2 Fat 12 Protein

Pineapple Chicken

2 Chicken Breasts
    2 Carrots, sliced
    1/2 green bell pepper sliced
    5 garlic cloves
    1 tbsp canola oil
    1 can Pineapple Tidbits
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 onion

Cut Chicken into pieces and marinate in pineapple juice. Put oil in frying pan and saute chopped onions and garlic cloves. Toss chicken into frying pan and brown. Add carrots, when cooked add green peppers and pineapple.

221 Cal 24 Carbs 5 Fat 20 Protein
  • abencase
    abencase Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like to do
    Chicken Fajitas:
    -Chicken, veggies of your choice, taco or fajita mix about a teaspoon or so, hot sauce or jalapenos..or both if you are feeling frisky ;), and salsa. I found a low cal tortilla and throw in a little cheese and sour cream. Usually ends up being under 300 cals the most it has ever been was 315 (went a little overboard on the cheese =) )

Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
    - Start by boiling chicken (leave breast whole). When finished put chicken in bowl. Poke several holes in chicken and marinate with Roasted Red Pepper (only 50 cals per 2Tbl!) dressing and Tony's for about 30 minutes. Return chicken to pan and sear all sides. In another pan you can throw the leftover marinade in with some veggies. (Note: I imagine you can do this with any of your favorite Italians and Vinaigrettes I have just only used this one)

Open Face Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich
    - Same process as the recipe above only this time use your favorite buffalo sauce (They tend to be very low cal because hot sauce has virtually no cals, plus I have heard that spicy foods boost metabolism). Once you have seared off excess sauce place a teaspoon of buffalo sauce on your favorite low cal bread/bun, place breast on top of bread. Top with a thin slice of reduced fat provolone, swiss, or mozzarella cheese. Broil open face sandwich untill cheese is melted and bubbly. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of ranch or 1 tsp fat free ranch. I have also done this on a whole wheat pizza crust and made a relatively low cal buffalo chicken pizza =)

Chicken Stir-Fry
    -Cook and cube/strip/or shred chicken. Cook favorite rice. Spray a skillet with Pam and sautee onions and garlic with a small pat of butter margarine or whichever spread you like. Add cooked rice to skillet with a couple shakes of soy sauce and rice vinegar. Sautee until rice is colored and has a "fried" look to it. Add in chicken and veggies. (you may have to add a little more soy) I like it add a quick drop of sesame oil just to get that habachi grill taste to it and tony's for spice =)

I may have a few more up my sleeve. This was all I could think of now. Good luck using up all that chicken! Hope I was of some help! =)
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Glazed , Tangy Chicken (love this stuff)

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
    1/2 tsp Brummel & Brown yogurt spread
    garlic powder
    black pepper
    Greek seasoning
    Lemon juice

Place oil and yogurt spread in pan and heat to med high heat. Season chicken on both sides and add to pan, you want it to sear them quick on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Lower the heat and squirt in about 1/4 cup lemon juice. Cook slowly and turn often, it will get a glazed look to it. Cook as long as you prefer , I like mine very dark. Keep adding lemon juice if the pan gets too dry. Use a non-stick pan also, it would be messy if you didn't. Serves 2 :smile:
  • MLT314
    MLT314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUMP...some finger lickin' chicken recipes!
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Saute in a little olive oil with chopped onion, garlic, peppers (red, green, yellow, what ever kind you like). Add your favorite spices, then add balsamic vinegar. This is great over rice or just to eat like it is. My whole family loves this, even the grandkids.

Love this. Or you can also get a bag of frozen stir fry to use. I have heard that Sesame Oil is a good thing to use when doing stir-fry.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is great for finding recipes. Also, eatingwell.com and skinnytaste. :)

^^^^^
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I cut a pocket in it and stuff it full of spinach and 1 tbs of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in a covered dish at 350 for 30 min. It is so good my 9 yr old son even likes it. :smile:

This is also nice with garlic and herb philladelphia and dry fried mushrooms
  • MrGarciasWifey
    Options
    Chicken pesto bake!?! Here is the recipe. I am going to make it this week.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/09/skinny-chicken-pesto-bake.html