Had enough!

spinningmango
spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 20 years old. 5''6 and weigh 130 lbs. I feel huge(I know im not THAT big) but I feel horrible. I can't stop eating the foods that I like, crisps, and fizzy drinks. So,Iv decided to just go by calories and take multi vitamins. 1,000 calories a day? will it work?:smile:

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    1,000 seems very low :cry:

1,200 is the lowest that you should eat, what does MFP say that you should have every day? :flowerforyou:
  • you have a BMI of 21 which is perfectly normal, i suggest cutting the rubbish out of your diet and exercising to tone up. a much better choice than crash dieting. Im laid up with a broken leg so am not moving about at all (not at work or anything) and i still need 1200 cals per day. you will need loads more to keep up an active young lifestyle.
  • spinningmango
    thank you both and thanks for telling me my BMI! I had been wondering how to work that out lol!

I lie in bed all day, don't do any exercise as Im ill at the moment. Ill up it to 1200, thanks :)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Try incorporating healthy stuff once in awhile :wink:
    Maybe to start, try to drink one glass of water for every glass of soda, and gradually decrease soda as your comfortable.

Personally I like to eat 3 healthy meals a day, around 300cal each, and save myself between200-300 calories of whatever food. Ice cream, chips, whatever, and it hasn't affected my weight loss at all :)

PS. I'm 5"7, and I'd kill to be 130lbs! :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    One reason you may feel huge is the junk...salt and sugar and processed carbs aren't nutritious. I found that eating a variety of natural, whole foods made a big difference in how I feel (never mind the weight itself).
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Do not go under 1200 calories. You have a healthy weight and height. Just eat healthier and workout (like other people said). I just wanted to stress that you should not be eating under 1,200.
  • spinningmango

I managed to do 40 minutes exercise yesterday and switch some snacks for fruit and I met my daily goal:smile:

Thanks for your help!
  • well done :) keep up the sensible approach :wink:
This discussion has been closed.