Stuffed!

Options
Hi All!

Just wondering if any of you go through this and what you do about it? Right now I am completely full and I still have 300 calories to go just to get to my recommended daily calorie intake of 1200. I exercised today and earned 123 extra calories. If I were to submit my food diary for the day, I will recieve that starvation message...but I am too full to eat anything else for the night. How should I handle this?

Thanks!

Replies

• mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Eat more calorically dense foods - peanut butter is great. Nuts. They are good fats and contain some protein and will beef up your calories quite quickly. Banana and PB is great or an apple and PB. One serving (2 TBSP) of PB has 200 cals in it - so it's actually QUITE easy to get that food in.
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    Yummy....2 of my favorite foods. Thanks!
  • Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem some days. I have found that eating enough calories at all three meals and eating 1 or 2 small snacks (100 calorie pack of cocoa almonds maybe) is helpful. Waiting until the end to eat all your calories is impossible if you aren't hungry. Prelog you meals if you can and then you can plan a snack or 2. Hope this helps!
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    Thanks! Pre-logging is a good idea. Today was a particulary hectic day so it was light eating through out the day and yes...i was trying to fit in the rest of my calories this evening. So....I will remember to take time to eat a suitable breakfast and lunch and snacks for now on...lol
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I too do a lot of prelogging and then add stuff to early meals so I don't end up with a lot of calories at the end of the day.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Right now I am completely full and I still have 300 calories to go just to get to my recommended daily calorie intake of 1200.
    I ABSOLUTELY NEVER have this problem!! :noway:
    Usually, I am over 300 cals and wondering what I can do for exercise to burn off the extra poundage! :sad:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    1200 sounds low.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Gosh, wish I had your problem and you had a different one - lol. I agree about eating more calories from foods like peanut butter, pasta with marania sauce, use some salad dressing. No problem for me at all to get enough calories in my day. GL
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I frequently end the day with a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter!
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel the same was as Penelope and Chosengiver - what are you eating that is making you feel so full before getting all of your calories in?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I just had some PB2 with a sliced banana. Great after workout treat.
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    vjrose....Yes...I'm definately going to have to start doing that.
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    helloitsdan....It's actually 1220...of course when I exercise I gain the extra calories but MFP advises me to at least get in 1220.
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    Penelope2plyr...LOL...thanks!
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    losingw8now....Lots of Salad....lol....
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    Julie and Vereushka....I love love love peanut butter...will have to keep it stocked in my cabinets...lol....
  • jadums
    jadums Posts: 22
    Options
    I find that I ofen don't get enough calcium in my diet, so when I need to add calories at the end of the night, I have a cup or two of 2% milk (130 cals/cup).
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I find that I ofen don't get enough calcium in my diet, so when I need to add calories at the end of the night, I have a cup or two of 2% milk (130 cals/cup).

Good advice. I sometimes do this, too, because I never get enough calcium, either. =/
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Did you just start eating a lot of fibrous foods? Because that over full feeling may pass soon, if that's the case.
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    jadums....Nice! Good idea....never thought about drinking my calories....Thanks!