Help I have gained weight!!!

Options
I have gained 3 pounds since friday. I have stayed within my calories and have exercised. I know I do not drink enough water. Could this be water weight? Help. :frown:

Replies

• jenna_83
    Options
    could be. are you due a visit from aunt Flo? I gain up to 7lbs when its my TOTM.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    could be. are you due a visit from aunt Flo? I gain up to 7lbs when its my TOTM.

LOL! I never heard it called Aunt Flo before. That's a good one. TOM can caused increased water retention. Drink more water, don't stress yourself out. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see a difference.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    do you weigh yourself at the same time of day?
    because if you did it in the am and then a few days later in the pm it will probably not be correct. you should weigh in the am after sleep and going to the bathroom.. that's a much more true weight than middle of the day or night time
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post!! I gained 2 lbs since YESTERDAY!! i was so upset this morning. Then someone mentioned aunt flo.. and mine is due very very shortly... LOL.. =]
    And to the OP... im sorry =[ I hope your gain is from aunt flo as well! If its not.. just try to brush it off and keep doing what your doing =] thats what i do and it works well for me
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see that I am up a few pounds one day, I try to remember that I haven't actually gained any fat. There is no way that I ate 3,500 calories over my daily cals for me to gain a pound, and definitely not 7,000 to gain 2. So it is just regular fluctuation....relax! :wink:

My weight fluctuates several pounds throughout the day, and occasionally I am up because of water retention. Definitely drink up your water....I drink about 100 oz. a day. I eat too much sodium :( but it's in everything and I love lunch meat and cheese too much!
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Glad to say the 3 pounds were gone this morning.
  • jenna_83
    Options
    knew they would but pleased for ya :happy:
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see that I am up a few pounds one day, I try to remember that I haven't actually gained any fat. There is no way that I ate 3,500 calories over my daily cals for me to gain a pound, and definitely not 7,000 to gain 2. So it is just regular fluctuation....relax! :wink:

My weight fluctuates several pounds throughout the day, and occasionally I am up because of water retention. Definitely drink up your water....I drink about 100 oz. a day. I eat too much sodium :( but it's in everything and I love lunch meat and cheese too much!

Thanks so much for this way of looking at my fluctuations! I work so hard and watch everything I put in my mouth and work out daily, only to get on the scale sometimes and see a 1 or 2 lb gain, or no loss at all. Then a few days later, 2 lbs lost.

I have to be down another 8 lbs by Dec 5th and it just isn't happening fast enough for me! While I have much more than that to lose, that is the goal I set for myself short term.