Saving Calories?

Options
The last 2 days I have been under my goal by about 400 calories each day and I'm wondering if it's ok to use some of these calories today? Does dieting work like that?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I save them up for a day or two if I know I'm going to the fair or dinner then use them and it's working so yes you should!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    With all that I have saved up this week, I ought to bake a cake this weekend! :laugh:
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Really?! No way you guys. That's like saying I'm going to eat 14000 calories today, but I won't eat the rest of the week. That's healthy right?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I do that allllll the time.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Really?! No way you guys. That's like saying I'm going to eat 14000 calories today, but I won't eat the rest of the week. That's healthy right?

That's a pretty extreme interpretation, don't you think? Have you ever heard of calorie cycling?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Most people do it based on a weekly amount of calories anyway - I know I do. I try to eat my calories each day but if I don't then I know on another day (or the weekend when most cheat days are) it won't hurt your weekly numbers by having a little cushion there.

It definitely won't hurt anything to do it on occasion for sure. Have a treat OP, you deserve it!! :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm saving cals this week as I'm going out Fri and Sat. I try and end up as close as possible by he end of the week.
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's time for something tasty and a fancy drink.