2 large green bell peppers,seeded,and cut into strips
    1 medium yellow onion cut into strips
    1 14oz can whole peeled plum tomatoes in juice,chopped
    2 Tbls tomatoe paste
    2 Tbls lemon juice
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp thyme

Preheat oven to 375.Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with lite cooking spray.

Sprinkle bothe sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.

Coat a 10 inch skillet with cooking spray.Heat the oil over medium-high heat.Place chicken in hot skillet "skin" side down.Cook for @ 10 mins until brownedon one side only,then place the chicken brown side up in the prepared baking dish.

Return the skillet to the stove and add the peppers and onion. Cook over med.-high heat,until the edges begin to brown.Add the tomatoes ,tomatoe paste,lemon juice, and the dry spices.Stir with a rubber spatula,loosening any brown bits in the bottom of the pan.Pour sauce mixture over the chickenand bake uncovered for 20 mins,until chicken is done.

calories: 185.77
    Protein: 28.23 g
    carbs: 8.68g
    Total Fat: 3.94 g
    sat fat : .74g

Hope you enjoy i have more chicken recpies if you want.
  • i don't know if i would call it a recipe, but i love to use the Montreal Chicken spice mix from McCormick (the Grill Mates collection). It is so awesome! Lots of flavor, and cuts back on me adding salt when it gets on my plate (a bad habit of mine).

I love chicken parmesan--i just use an egg coating, then dip in italian breadcrumbs, brown in pan for about 2 min on each side, then put in oven at 350 for 45 min (cover with marinara and in the last 15 min put on the cheese), (i make my own marinara in the crock pot with fresh tomatoes, and freeze in packets for later use).

the parm, for a 6oz serving is around 300 calories (and that is topped with the sauce and cheese)

serve with a salad! yum
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Bake Chicken @ 375. Add one: Cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, any cream soup, pasta sauce, salsa--be creative.
    :flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Don't really have a recipe to share, but rather a time/money saver. I'm sure some already do this but... I buy boneless skinless chicken breasts in bulk at Sam's Club @ 1.97/ lb. I usually buy 2 packs that equal about 13lbs and come home and grill it all. I use basic seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. This saves me time, clean up, and lots of bucks as I'm buying it in bulk, at a pretty reasonable price. I got tired of buying regular size packages during regular grocery shopping and didn't cook it right away and there goes money in the trash- spoiled chicken! Plus I get paranoid so anytime raw meat comes out in the kitchen, out comes the bleach as cross contamination happens so easily. Anyway, after grilling it- I let it sit in the microwave to come to room temp then put them in freezer bags and freeze right away. Whenever I need chicken its there and easily prepared. I just pop it in the microwave and defrost. Then either I slice it up and re-season it for whatever dish I am using it for; fajitas, meditarranian chicken salad, chicken alfredo florentine, chicken gyros, etc. Or put it in a cassarole dish with bbq sauce and cover and bake in the oven for a bit. Since I'm the only one here for lunch sometimes I grab one out, nuke it with some green giant steamers and thats lunch!

Next trip I'm going for 3- 6lbs. packages as I have 5 people in the house.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    I really LOVE the Fiesta Lime chicken they serve at Applebees...but it has a ton of calories, so I made it at home.....and Wa-LAH! Perfecto, and quite a bit less calories.

4 oz chicken breast (180 calories)
    1/4 cup pico de gallo (or salsa if you don't have time) mixed with 1 TBSP ranch dressing (80 calories)
    1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (40 calories)
    1/4 fresh lime
    = 300 calories.....AND SO DELICIOUS! (Compared to Applebees 630 for JUST the chicken part

Basically all I did was grill the chicken on my George Foreman, and then I turned on the oven to like 375, and I put the chicken on a pan and put the pico/ranch mix on top, and then sprinkled it with cheese....YUMMMM!! AFter it cooked I took it out and squeezed some lime juice on it...YUM!

I used homemade pico de gallo... which is basically
    chopped roma tomatoes, red onions,green chilies, fresh cilantro, lime juice, little bit of white vinegar & pepper.... ...and for 1/2 cup of that is only 12 CALORIES!

Also if you are really serious about finding more recipes... you can search for them on the main Community page. Or go to the Recipes tab and scroll through the list until you see Chicken....you can find a lot of information using the search.
This discussion has been closed.