Recommend books for me

Options
2»

Replies

• missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    From reading your description of the books you fancy, we have very similar tastes.

I am currently reading 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. I love it.

Thank you! I'll check it out :smile:
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik
    Daemon's Door - Geoff and T.J. Avalon
    A Morbid Taste for Bones - Ellis Peters
    Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz
    Ruled Britannia - Harry Turtledove
    The Guns of the South - Harry Turtledove
    Agent of Byzantium - Harry Turtledove
    Lord Valentine's Castle - Robert Silverberg
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    If you liked The Hunger Games, you'll probably like Matched by Ally Condie, too. It's a trilogy, too, but the third book hasn't been published, yet.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
    Magic Bites - Ilona andrews
    Slave To Sensation - Nalini Singh
    Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison
    City of Golden Shower - Tad Williams

This is all I have at work with me today, I'd have to check my list at home for more diverse titles.

I read the Fifty Shades trilogy quite awhile ago. "Meh". I've read worse.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jennifer Weiner, especially Little Earthquakes, or Good in Bed. "Chick Lit" at it's best, I laughed, I cried..... :)
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    I hear the Bible has all the smut, romance, and violence one could ever want.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I"m a little biased in these two books as they are both Hispanic authors, but I've read many books...these are some personal all-time favorites...the one by Villasenor is absolutely beautiful...will take you on a trip. Through the years, this has been my go to gift for those that enjoy a good read:

Victor Villasenor - Rain of Gold
    Junot Diaz - Drown
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just finished the latest Emily Giffin... it was great. Intelligent chick lit :)
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ^ :wink:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything Kurt Vonnegut ever wrote.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I read pretty much anything. I loved the Hunger Games Trilogy, but I also love biographies, trashy chick lit, as well as Sci Fi and a good novel. My tastes are pretty broad. I'm all ears re the horror stuff, what do you recommend? :flowerforyou:

* Leaving Dirty Jersey
    * More, Now and Again - A Memior of Addiction - Elizabeth Wurtzel is amazing!
    * Anything by Emily Griffin - Something borrowed - Something Blue - Baby Proof - Love the One you're With
    * Hunger games :)
    * Chelsea Handler books make me LOL and spit wine out everywhere laughing when I read them
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Fine-Middle-Night-ebook/dp/B0051H5EUI/ref=kinw_dp_ke

One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night by Christopher Brookmyre
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I hear the Bible has all the smut, romance, and violence one could ever want.

Ain't that the truth.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just finished "We Need to Talk About Kevin" and it was intense and I'll be thinking about it for a LONG time.

I have a book blog

http://goingforgoldilocks.blogspot.com

The Passage by Justin Cronin is pretty good (again intense but in a different way)

If you're cool with reading YA (cause it's awesome) and want something a little lighter try

"Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins
    "Divergent" by Veronica Roth
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    http://ereadernewstoday.com/free-kindle-books-7-free-books-for-8-16-12/6717128/ These are free today Go to Amazon page and also check out the free books for Kindle. I am currently reading Dakota by Todd Brown on Kindle, I got it free a couple of weeks ago - excellent book, I cannot put it down
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    The 50 Shades of Grey trilogy :blushing:

Big nix on the 50 shades. If you want to read that genre, read Cherise Sinclair's Shadowland series. Kindle downloadable.

Laurel K Hamilton..vampire hunter series

Stuart Woods..detective series

J R Ward..Blackdagger Brotherhood series

J.D.Robb: In Death Series

Does that help???
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I"m a little biased in these two books as they are both Hispanic authors, but I've read many books...these are some personal all-time favorites...the one by Villasenor is absolutely beautiful...will take you on a trip. Through the years, this has been my go to gift for those that enjoy a good read:

Victor Villasenor - Rain of Gold

I've been checking out a lot of the titles from this thread to see if I may get any of them. After reading the first few pages of this at amazon's website, this is definitely one that I plan on getting. Thanks for making the recommendation