NROLFW Setup

Options
Hi!

I've decided to setup a weights/lifting area in the spare room of my house, as my local fitness centre doesn't have any weights facilities (it's more classes and cardio). I've bought the New Rules of Lifting For Women book, but I'm not sure what equipment I need.

I'd love to get a sense of what others have in their 'home gym' (pics would be ace too), and see if any of you have any recommendations on what to buy to get me started.

I'm in the UK, not sure if that makes a difference in terms of equipment. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    a weight bench a treadmill and an ab roller no one uses and a recumbent bike that only i use lol
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    There is a website you can go to for many answers. The authors of the book actually comment on there.
    jpfitness.com
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I workout at home as well and the one thingI don't have that I really need is a squat rack or squat stand. In hindsight I would've bought squat stands and a separate bench. Soon enough I'll have to buy one if I want to keep adding weight for my squats.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, must haves are:

weight bench with rack, barbell, adjustable dumbbells, weights, swiss exercise ball, adjustable step bench (or platform), and pull up bar

nice to have: mat, lat pull down for weight bench, cable machine, power rack for squats (NOT SMITH)

I bought all of my equipment over time (and still getting more) mostly from craigslist...maybe you have something comparable where you live~
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There is a website you can go to for many answers. The authors of the book actually comment on there.
    jpfitness.com

I checked it out and it seems great. Thanks for posting MLgarcia3 because I have a lot of questions.....