Quiznos: too good to be true?

Options
I'm a poor college student i was thrilled when i got a coupon for free quiznos. i was looking up some of the nutrition information on the website and some of the numbers seem really low:

A cup of broccoli cheese soup is listed as 175 calories and 6 g of fat
a cup of tomato basil soup is listed as 125 calories and 3.5 g fat

A pesto turkey bullet (mini sub i think?) has only 325 calories and 3.5 g fat

do those numbers seem low to anyone else or am i just being a cynic?

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i dont think they are out of hand... if you think a subway 6 inch turkey no cheese or mayo is about 400 cals and under 6 g of fat :o)
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    those are probably ok, but Quiznos has a few sandwiches that go over 1,000 calories. Found out the hard way.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    For comparison, Panera Bread lists their Broccoli & Cheddar soup (8 oz) as 190 calories and 10 g of fat.

Not too far off.
  • CabbageBaggage
    Options
    i hate it when that happens : (
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Soup sounds about right. The sub calories might be without cheese and condiments.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you plan ahead of time what you want to order so you don't get the steakhouse dip for 770 calories! Oh, and skip the chips.
  • mrsbice
    Options
    they cannot lie about it, as it is against the law. the nutritional info has to be correct due to the food and drug act. so trust it and go eat some yummy quiznos! just check before you go on the calorie counts and decide what you want before you go.