When it comes to your food diary,

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
Do you all only make sure that you're under calories? I always see stuff like "I'm under my calorie intake, so I'm good" but I just wanted to know it anyone takes into account all the other macros..

Replies

• CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I try to reach my protein, iron, and calcium. I don't care too much about the other stuff (besides calories).
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Calories and Protein I try to hit....but thats about it.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    In addition to tracking calories- I track protein, carbs, fat, fiber and sugar.
  • JustMagpie
    JustMagpie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I personally never eat enough, I exercise alot. I have to pu my protien to beyond what it says, I stay well under the sodium. I really just need to focus on calories, to up them. And protien to up them.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I try to hit under 50% on carbs and aim for 40%. It seems to keep me much less hungry and help my weight loss. I try to (and almost always do) hit under 1500 for sodium.

I eat all day and only walk for exercise. I always eat immediately when I'm hungry. But I have to just ignore my normal eating patterns to go significantly over on my net and have been typically under 1-2000 every week. No plateau yet.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have no problem staying under calories.

I really track to ensure that I hit the 40/30/30 macro ratio that I'm aiming for. Also, I try to hit all of my vitamins and potassium. I'm not concerned about keeping my sodium low, however as I'm supposed to be eating higher sodium to raise my dangerously low BP.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Carbs under 50g a day is priority 1 for me.

If I'm over on calories I don't care within reason (a 500 calorie overshoot is absolutely fine).

I am actually trying to eat above my calorie 'ceiling' right now.

Seems to be working fine as long as my carb target is hit.
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    try to stay under my caloreis, hit my protein and stay under sodium. if i go over 1500 on sodium (ANY) i add an extra "big gulp" cup of water (36 OZ) or 2. i LOVE salty stuff.... but it holds water weight on me like crazy.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under calories, carbs, and sodium with a higher tolerance for going over on protein and poly&mono fats. I make an extra effort to get close to my potassium intake which is 3.5g, I rarely hit that much but if I'm equal to or greater than sodium (or > 2.5g) I'm satisfied.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I try to hit 100g's of protein a day. As far as my calorie goal....I try to stay within 30 calories above or below.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your insights! I try not to go over on anyhting because I hate seeing a negative red number...except protein..because I fell like that's a good thing...is it?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your insights! I try not to go over on anyhting because I hate seeing a negative red number...except protein..because I fell like that's a good thing...is it?

MFP's protein goals are waaaay low! It's a good thing to see the red on your protein intake!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I pay most attention to: cals, protein, carbs and sugar (I am diabetic.) And yeah, I definitely go over my protein, I usually eat about 160g a day, which is low for my 297 frame.