need help with calorie intake

Options
dgr93
dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
Hi all,

Im only on my first week and am pleased to see that i have lost 3lbs so far... i am aiming to lose between 1 and 2lbs per week.

I am eating what I want (nice salads with chicken/fish etc and meat and veg) and having a couple of snacks like strawberries and yoghurt, but I am only consuming between 1000 and 1100 cals per day. It says (on the bit where you finish logging your diary for the day on the iphone app) that I am eating too few calories and that I could be putting my body into starvation mode?!

I dont quite understand this because I am getting three good meals a day...

Has anyone had the same message from the app? i dont want to lose weight then end up putting it back on again in future if i am putting myself in starvation mode.. but i dont want to overeat and not lose any weight.

thanks in advance for anyone that replies :)

Replies

• p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat what it says hun, you will still lose, esp if you are making good food choices.
  • SallyNitro
    SallyNitro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Aim to eat 1200 and the message goes away.
  • dgr93
    Options
    Thanks for your help

im not depriving myself of anything and I always make healthier choices - even started eating quorn now and again instead of red meat... It could just be this week, its been warm and sunny where I live and when its warm all i feel like eating is salad! haha x
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat quite a lot of red meat, couldn't live without it lol!
    But yes, please eat at least 1200 bare minimum, but I'd aim for more if poss
  • dgr93
    Options
    Thank you, I had this problem when i tried slimming world - they were always telling me to eat more but im scared of putting on weight - but its something i need to break out of so im going to give it ago, theres plenty of healthy things with more cals in! x
  • dancer4308
    Options
    The fact that you are eating smaller snacks between meals is good. You should never go more than 2-3 hours without eating, as your body will then 'hord' the next food you put in it. Why don't you try adding more protein or heathy fats (avocado, almonds) to your meals or snacks. If you continually go under 1200 each day your body will eventually stop losing and try to hang on to whatever you put it in. Good luck!
  • dgr93
    Options
    Thanks for the advice dancer4308, I love almonds so I'll try to fit a few in as snacks now and again, it demotivates me so much when my weight sticks so I'm going to do all I can to avoid it! :)