i go over my fat % everyday with my breakfast! help!

Options
hello everybody,

I am currently doing p90x/insanity and walking 15 miles per week. I am trying to get in the 10% body fat and currently at 16%. I am going over my fat limit each day for breakfast with healthy foods and wanted to know if this counts about not losing weight.

My fat limit is at 58g. With eating all of this I am at 55g so I only have 3g of fat to go and lots of calories!

Raw - Avacado, 0.15 cup (Most of my fat)
Black Beans - low sodium canned, 0.15 cup
whole foods cage free brown eggs - eggs, 1 egg (Most of my fat %)
Dr. Mcdougall's - Organic Instant Oatmeal Light Maple Brown Sugar, 1 packet
Aldi Happy Farms Spiral String Cheese - Spirals String Cheese Low-Moinsture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese With Added Cheddar Cheese, 1 piece

Replies

• dmb2002man
    Options
    For lunch I had this.

Franklin Farms - Original Recipe Fresh Veggiburger Pre-Grilled, 1 patty
    Mrs. Baird's - 100% Whole Wheat Bread (Real Calories), 2 slice (crust was cut off), (toasted)
    Roma Tomato - 1 Raw Medium, 0.25 medium
    Mp/Onion - White - Medium, 0.25 Cup
    avacado - 2 thin slices
    cayenne pepper and black pepper added
    some low sodium black beans
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just to confound your concern, I've set MFP to 50% fat. Fat is not your enemy unless the fat is bad. This is a contentious issue in this forum, so I'll just say for me, this has worked and if you want o know more can message me :-)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 30% for my daily fat. Fat, like carbs, aren't bad. Too many can be, but as part of a balanced diet they're fine. In fact, you need fat to absorb other nutrients.

But, to answer your question, why not break up your fat a little more? Maybe move your cheese to another meal?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks very healthy. And the fats you're eating are very healthy. Has it inhibited your weight/fat loss? You need good, healthy fats in your diet to lose healthily. Try upping your fat goal % a bit and see how that goes for a couple of weeks. You are working out very strenuously, so personally I think you're good. :)
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    thanks for the replies everyone. Say if i cut my 1 egg out daily, then i would never reach my fat limit. I just know eggs are healthy so try and eat one daily. I sprinkle cayenne pepper, black pepper and sometimes a little sea salt. Just 1 egg will never fill me up for breakfast.