Squatting Flat Feet,Patellar Subluxation, Hip Displasia

Options
kiachu
kiachu Posts: 409 Member
Okay I know this sounds like I'm 100 years old trying to squat but I have all these problems due to general tracking problems hip to knees, to feet.

It affects my form and I'm always busting my knees with any time of squatting /lunging type movements. , especially as I get heavier, and I'll occasionally have my hip catch or slip and pull a hip flexor or aductor(or abductor, whatever one is on the outside). I went to physical therapy for it off and on, wear orthodontics and take time off but I feel l like I'm not going to be able to progress on legs anymore

Replies

• kiachu
    Options
    bump
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'd try something besides lunges. Your physio people should be able to set you up with exercises your body can handle. There are other ways to work those muscles. Your body might not be put together to make those movements. Everyone is put together a bit differently. If it always cripples you. Do something else.
  • kiachu
    Options
    Okay I know this sounds like I'm 100 years old trying to squat but I have all these problems due to general tracking problems hip to knees, to feet.

It affects my form and I'm always busting my knees with any time of squatting /lunging type movements. , especially as I get heavier, and I'll occasionally have my hip catch or slip and pull a hip flexor or aductor(or abductor, whatever one is on the outside). I went to physical therapy for it off and on, wear orthodontics and take time off but I feel l like I'm not going to be able to progress on legs anymore

Orthodontics....geesh. I meant ORTHOTICS!