NROLFW - How many days a week/integrating with running

Options
agbaeb
agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
Ok, so, my book should be here within the next week or so, but I'm super-excited and want to plan ahead.

How many days a week should I be lifting through this program?

Also, who on here still runs faithfully as well as lifts? I run about 25 miles a week and love it. I don't want to give that up.

Thoughts? Counsel?

(ps. How is your calorie intake impacted by your lifting since it's not cardio?)

Replies

• agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet (planning on starting next week) but started reading through it last night and the recommendation is 3 workouts per week. :) My understanding is that you can feel free to work in other activities on your off days, just no additional lifting.

Good luck! I am excited to get started, too.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was training for a 5K before NROLFW. I finished C25K and totally stopped running when I started lifting. It is suggested in the book to do at least 2x but 3x a week is better but not more than that. There are phases/stages in the routine. The second stage and beyond asks for a 15 minute interval training which can be running if you like.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I run and lift and love it.

I run 3-4 days a week...lift 3 days a week. I alternate days (I don't run on lifting days) but I have heard that you can do them both on the same day. I also walk every day and do pilates class one day a week (will be switching to two in the next week or two since the instructor agreed to teach an additional day of class).

On the days that I can't run (in the winter) I plan to swim. I am like you....I love running and didn't want to give it up.

Good luck!