Bird-Arms, Bird-Legs – Beginner DVD Advice

Options
I am looking for a DVD program (or series) that will help build and tone my arms and legs, since they’re now my “trouble spots” by being way too scrawny. The rest of me is okay. I’ve lost 11 lbs so far and am almost at my goal weight.

Even though I have a reasonably active life and do farm chores every day, etc. I don’t consider myself to be in very good shape overall. For cardio I’ve started Zumba classes and I still find them pretty challenging.

I know there are a lot of people who love Insanity, P90X, Turbofire and others who swear by Shred, but I don’t think any of these would be a good place to start for a 50+ ‘beginner’. As for Jillian Michaels, she annoys me so thoroughly that I can even sit through one of her infomercials…. so I can’t see myself contributing to the JM empire and then actually doing a full routine (!!!) I do respect the fact that many people worship her, but to each his own.

A friend recommended Cathe Friedrich and/or Lauren Brooks. Any additional suggestions would be much appreciated.

Replies