5am workouts- help!

Options
2»

Replies

• ozerion
    ozerion Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for about a month now and I love it.

Why I love it:
    It's my time!
    I don't have to worry about finding time the rest of the day
    It's my time!
    not many people are there
    Nothing else is pulling for my time.
    I save money on coffee... I grab a cup on my way out of the gym in the morning since it is there and free.

Suggestions:
    Do it 5 days a week, even if you only do Cardio or stretching.
    It is easier if I get up early every day, I wish my gym would open early on the weekends too...
    Get your workout gear ready (all of it even your water bottle)
    I go to work from the gym, so I get my work cloths ready and pack my breakfast and lunch the night before
    Eat after working out, you will sustain longer
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I've just recently switched back to AM work outs and yes it is hard. But it's so worth it when I get off work and don't have to worry about fitting the gym in. It leaves the whole evening open for whatever, even if that whatever is just being at home.

I make sure my clothes are ready. I put my alarm/cell phone across the room and walk straight to the bathroom after turning off the alarm. While going potty, I log into MFP. A lot of my friends are on the east coast so they're all up and posting by the time I get up. By the time I've finish pottying and responding to MFP posts, I'm awake and pumped to get ready for the gym!!!
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I prep breakfast/lunch the night before, and try to help myself out by setting my workout clothes in an easily accessible place before I go to sleep. I also find it really helps if I write out a detailed itinerary right before bed

Example:
    5:00 - Alarm; eat something small, drink water
    5:10 - Dress
    5:15 - Stretch
    5:20 - Warm up jogging
    5:25 - Run
    5:45 - Cool down walk
    5:55 - Weights // Resistance // Circuits
    6:30 - Stretch
    6:40 - Shower
    6:50 - Eat
    7:00 - Get ready for work

It helps keep you on course so that you don't start mucking around and wind up late for work/class/what have you. It also helps you mentally prepare in the morning because you know you don't have time to sleep in or mess around.