Feelings - Trapped

Options
This is just something I wrote last night and thought I would share. It's just my feelings about myself and things I have talked to my psychologist about.

Trapped

Have you ever felt the feeling of being trapped? The feeling that your mind is in a body that isn’t, couldn’t be your own? Your mind, heart, & spirit are trapped and betrayed by your own worn-out broken shell that is your body.

You look in the mirror and do not recognize the person staring back at you. You want to break the mirror and release the real you inside. You are tired of the stares and the whispers. You feel their eyes burning into your soul. You know deep down that they are more than likely not talking about you but that is all your fragile self esteem can process. The rebel in you just wants to scream…”This isn’t me….this is not who I am!” But, unfortunately most of the time they never can get past the exterior to find out who you are inside. They will never know that you are actually pretty funny, how you cry at sappy commercials, or how you really are a brave strong person.

I envision myself as a beautiful yellow butterfly that is trapped in my cocoon. I’m trying to fight my way out of my cocoon to show the world the real me

This reflects my feelings regarding my weight and of course some mental things as well but this could apply to most people as I honestly believe we all have the feeling of being trapped whether it is by weight issues, mental issues, or something else going on in our life that has us struggling with breaking free and just being the real true you and not what you think people want you to be.