Hi this is my reason why

ajfc1971
ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
Hi all, I have been to a Weight Loss Clinic today at the hospital, I was forwarded by my GP 2 mths ago. I went to my GP looking for a magic tablet or something similiar. He then asked me if I had every throught of gastric bypass surgery. I nearly fell of the chair. I knew I was overweight but never thought I was that big. 17 stone at the time. Well the very next day I started my diet and today going to the WLC at hospital I weight 2 stone (28lbs) lighter. The Dr there said that my BMI even at my heaviest was not high enough for surgery but if I would have carried on gaining weight then who know's what would have happened. I told them I was using MFP app and they said great. I asked about the dreaded 1200 cals and she said as long as my net doesn't go below 1200 then everything would be fine and my body would need a lot less to go into the stavation mode everyone talks about. I don't have to go anymore as the kick up the bum from my own GP was enough. However he has asked if I would go back in 4 mths just to ensure my weight hasn't go back up.

Replies

• wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Good for you for listening to that wake up call!!! My mom has heard such scary news from doctors for years and just continued with all her bad habits. It makes me sad to see her ignoring her health like she does. Best of luck on your journey!
  • jenaPv
    jenaPv Posts: 3
    Good for you! Avoiding health complications is my main reason for being here, and you just gave me encouragement.
  • Hello and welcome!!

I'd love to be your MFP buddy and support you on your journey in any way that I can!

Please feel free to add me...

Be well,
    Charlotte