Consistently eating healthy :/

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and REALLY need help to get back into the shape I used to be in. Here's my problem:
I eat a really healthy breakfast every day (usually high fiber oatmeal, milk, banana, and sometimes a little cereal on top) and my lunches usually consist of a protein meal (sometimes a lean pocket or lean cuisine) and my dinner is usually ok too--> similar to my lunches. I CAN'T cook anything since I'm in a college dorm room and my time is limited. My problem is that I eat fine until I get back from practice at 9 or so and I'm starving and that one cheesestick just doesn't do it for me. All of the sudden those chips are looking great and reeses are looking even better. So then I just eat everything that is even somewhat tasty. If I don't have anything good in my room I will go to the vending machine and buy chocolate since I have an addiction and I feel I have to eat chocolate everyday or else I will have terrible cravings. I just really need help so if someone has some tips that would be amazing!!
Thanks,
Ashley

P.S. Oh. and if I actually make it through one day eating less than 1800-2000 calories the next day just makes up for my hard work :( I just always feel hungry!

Replies

• crimson44
    Options
    Hello Greysoal,
    It sounds like you might consider eating 4 "meals" a day. Another Lean Cuisine after practice would be fewer calories than chips and chocolate and would be far more filling. Alternately, repeating some of your breakfast might help. Or try a cottage cheese and fruit bowl. A half cup of 2% cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups of watermelon is only about 160 calories. You probably study after you get back from practice so you need some fuel to keep going at night.
    Hang in there. You will get this figured out!
    Crimson
  • mrcconway
    Options
    2 things you could do drink more water. And for a snack I like the fiberone chocolate chips bars the ate low cals and good for you and have teh little bit of chocolate to curb your cravings.
  • greysoal
    greysoal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Does your dorm not have a kitchen? Mine had a common room with microwave and stove so I could cook whatever I wanted. It's a good idea to plan your entire day either the night before or in the morning. Dining halls always have their menus available so you can see what there is to eat the next day. Plan a hearty pre/post-practice meal and a good breakfast with a combo of carbs, fats, and protein (usually breakfast is really carb-heavy and that can lead to premature hunger).
  • greysoal
    greysoal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen downstairs but literally no one uses it :/ so I would feel awkward and we have to go through a whole process of renting utensils out and what not so it's kind of a hassle. I just feel like everything in the dining hall is doused with oil and fat and the fried food always looks so delicious!!!!! I'm going to try the plan ahead for the day and see how that works!
    Thanks!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!