Hi!! just introducing myself...

simnuts
simnuts Posts: 32 Member
Hi,

I am a 37 year old mom of 4. I have decided that sitting around being unhappy with myself isn't losing the weight for me.

I had never been heavy growing up and as of my first pregnancy was probably on the could gain a few pounds side. However that 8 months of my life I exploded going from 97 pounds to 182. After having my child I blamed the weight completely on pregnancy and never took responsibility for it.

I got down to about 160ish and found out I was pregnant again....here comes the massive weight again. Again I ballooned this time up to almost 200 pounds. I again blamed pregnancy and not lifestyle. Having 2 children 13 months apart was not an easy task and I was able to get down to maybe 140ish within a year.

Shortly after losing the weight I got sick and discovered I had systemic Lupus and a host of other complications to go with it. Fast forward to 5 years on prednisone, 2 more children and tons of other meds over the past 15 years and here I sit today completely unhappy about how I look.

I always start out to lose the weight completely strong willed and determined and then get discouraged when my illness and physical limitations dont cooperate with me. Then I give up feeling completely defeated.

I know I will never ever be that well defined cut 6 pack abs, I accept that. I am totally TERRIFIED of the skin sagging as if undressed I will no longer be loveable (irrational I know).

I am an "eat to live" kinda person and could take food or leave it. My husband who is a "live to eat" and loves his food has some weight to lose and came home this morning and asked me to sign him up with MFP so he could join the journey with me. I know I'm not going this alone and we have each others backs.

I have to say though scanning the board and seeing all the wonderful successes I am feeling a bit mixed on excited/motivated and yet defeated already. Not quite sure why, past experiences maybe?

This coming January we are taking a family trip and I am determined to be happy with how my clothes fit, how I look and how I feel. I want to be a part of family photos and vacation pics. I have about 25 weeks and am reaching for 50 pounds down by then. I hope I'm not being unrealistic.

Well, now that I have written a book I will say Hi and best wishes to all on this journey!!!

Simnuts

Replies

• Hello and welcome!!

Would love to be your MFP buddy and support you in your fitness goals! Feel free to add me if you want to make a new friend!

Be well,
    Charlotte