Walk of Shame

Options
The walk of shame. Not that walk of the shame. The walk back from the vending machine as all eyes are peering down on you. They do a double take. They can't believe you are eating that stuff. I always bring my lunch. It is always something healthy. Lots of fruits and vegetables as well.

Every once in a while, I go to the vending machine to satisfy a craving. I just want to eat my snack in peace.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just got to do what you go to do. What's life for?
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think that I would have fun with that. Make a loud noise with every bite... start MMmmmm-ing while chewing. If they want to make a spectacle of you snacking - might as well have some fun with it.

You gotta do what you gotta do! :laugh:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Cheat day?
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes....................."You're eating THATTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????" if I want to occasionally indulge in some chinese buffet, candy, cookies, etc

those are usually the same people that see me making a salad in the office kitchen and go "oh so you're eating healthy again today?????"

ugh, i'm just eating what i want to eat.

Enjoy your snack, OP. I'm sure you've earned it.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Done it many times...and that m&m's bag is so damn loud when you reach in for another. Sometimes I dump them on my desk so the wrapper doesn't give me away.
  • RunningWithoutAWatch
    Options
    Cheat day?

Yes. Big time today!!! :bigsmile:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Pointedly stare at them when THEY make a trip to the vending machine :-)
  • doinit78
    doinit78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can relate.... "Oh no you're doing so well. You're going to ruin your diet". Vending machine food is at times all part of my "diet". Enjoy!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ...if they only knew the terrible things I eat in private!! :laugh:
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Everytime I have one of those cravings/thoughts I never have ANY change or dollar bills in my wallet. And when I do have change/dollars I never want anything from the vending machine.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have lost a lot of weight this year, and my coworkers have all commented and are real supportive. However, if I happen to venture near the snack machine (where I almost always buy either peanuts or pistachios), they all start trying to give me advice about how I am going to ruin the whole thing. It gets a little old.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just finished off the rest of the dark chocolate antioxidant trail mix.
    It's says antioxidant in the name....it's healthy! ;)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Pointedly stare at them when THEY make a trip to the vending machine :-)

yes.
  • SatanTheKat
    SatanTheKat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes....................."You're eating THATTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????" if I want to occasionally indulge in some chinese buffet, candy, cookies, etc

those are usually the same people that see me making a salad in the office kitchen and go "oh so you're eating healthy again today?????"

ugh, i'm just eating what i want to eat.

Enjoy your snack, OP. I'm sure you've earned it.

Oh man! I hate when I've been eating well and go to stuff a peice of candy or something of the sort into my mouth and you have that 'negative Nancy' near who says...'Oh, cheating on the diet ALREADY?'.
    Ugh. Way to make someone feel poopy, jerkface. lol
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Precede all trips to the vending machine with an announcement. "Attention coworkers! I am now approaching the vending machine! This is your chance to share your pointless prattle about my diet with me before I indulge in my weekly treat. Don't miss out! Share your advice about my diet indulgence for just $2. Cash only please."
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    hahahahaha, I so thought this was THE walk of shame. Food, bah, whatevs, as long as you didn't walk away with every single content from the machine, who cares?
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    I opened this thread excited to read stories about all you hookers and man-*kitten* having "adult fun time" and the awkwardness that followed. Shucks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only "vending" item that I've bought since I started was Skinny Cow candy bars. I have no guilt when I eat one at only 110 calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I think that I would have fun with that. Make a loud noise with every bite... start MMmmmm-ing while chewing. If they want to make a spectacle of you snacking - might as well have some fun with it.

You gotta do what you gotta do! :laugh:
    Exactly! Fortunately for me (and them!), my co-workers don't watch me like that or judge what/how much I eat - but if I ran across one that did, I'd probably buy a Snickers bar from the vending machine, rip the wrapper off it and shove the whole thing in my mouth right in front of them, going "OMM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!" as I chewed it. :bigsmile: It's fun to screw with people.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.