The Reluctant Vegan

Options
13»

Replies

• ericcharleslindstrom
    Options
    Hello all,

I was a vegetarian for 3 years, but introduced beef in my diet two months ago. The reason being, I got really sick and was told that I would have to include red meat in my diet. I do not enjoy the taste and get extremely depressed and sad when eating it because I know of what the animal must have gone through. Would love to cut meat completely out of my diet, but I'm scared of getting sick again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sry can you take iron pills?

Yes. There are vegan iron supplements. However, vegans also get iron from all the fruist and vegetables we eat. It's like the old protein argument ... there is plenty of protein in vegetables (as well as nuts, beans and tofu).
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love this! I've been mostly vegan for about 9 months (a occasional sushi makes me really happy), but last weekend I fell off the vegan wagon during a family reunion. FYI, if this every happens to you, you will feel terrible for at least a week. And despite feeling terrible it's hard-ish to get back on the wagon! (I went vegan for better health - maybe it's easier for those who do it for ethical reasons)
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump