Is my scale broken?

Options
I know this is a crazy question, but it's making me insane. For the last month, my scale has not budged. Not one OUNCE. I weigh myself using a digital scale about 3 times a week, same time of day (morning.) And for the longest time now the scale has given me the EXACT same reading, down to the ounce.

Now how can that be?? Up or down, shouldn't my weight fluctuate a little bit day to day? Even in ounces?

I'm doing so well with my eating and exercising, so I don't want to get frustrated with my routine if the scale is what's off.

Replies

• epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Is your scale digital? I have heard that if kept in steamy bathrooms that when digital scales break that they can get "stuck" at the last weight they registered.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I know this is a crazy question, but it's making me insane. For the last month, my scale has not budged. Not one OUNCE. I weigh myself using a digital scale about 3 times a week, same time of day (morning.) And for the longest time now the scale has given me the EXACT same reading, down to the ounce.

Now how can that be?? Up or down, shouldn't my weight fluctuate a little bit day to day? Even in ounces?

I'm doing so well with my eating and exercising, so I don't want to get frustrated with my routine if the scale is what's off.

How frustrating! My suggestion would be to see if you can find another scale- at the doc's office or maybe even when you're over at a friend's house- and see if there's a big enough change that your scale should be picking it up (keeping in mind that each scale is going to weigh a little differently.) If so, toss that thing out and get a spiffy new one! I hope it IS broken, after a full month of no movement, you definitely deserve to see a loss. :wink:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Do you have free weights you could use to gage the difference? Like say hop on the scale with a 10 lb free weight. If it comes back the same you know it's broken.
  • ekalcur
    ekalcur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's weird is that my husband and son can get on and they have the same issue. It adjusts to their weight, but they also will get the exact same reading day after day after day. It's bizarre!!
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It sounds like its broken because it would at least fluncuate (spell chk plz) a little bit. If you dont have free weights, just use something else like a bowling ball, a heavy book, a cat or dog...ect.
  • chs417
    Options
    try "fluctuate"