jillian michaels: branish fat, boost metabolism?

Options
has anyone tried this work out? I have the 30 day shred and I love it but I feel as though i need something more now. I saw this dvd online and thought it might be what i need. if you've done this, can you tell me how you liked it? was it better than the 30 day shred? any insight on this would be most helpfull! i may go buy it after work :bigsmile: let me know please! Thanks a bunch!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    haha i just saw my typo on the topic title. oops. i meant to say banish. i dont know why i wanted an r in there.... oops!!! :laugh: :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Its a lot like the shred but she kicks your butt for 40 minutes instead of 20.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    If you have On Demand it's on there for free. It's a little bit longer than the shred (I think it's 40 min) but is just as tough!
  • mbedford81410
    Options
    I have done this work out on Exercise on Demand. Jillian has done it again... I have never been as sore from a work out as I have been from this one! It is so brutal! It's still her signature mix of combining cardio with strength, but this time its 40 minutes of torture! (And I mean torture in the nicest way possible:happy: )
    This will definitely get you into shape if you do it regularly. I have only done it once since I did it the day before I had to go back to college.... but, I will do it again for SURE once I get home over winter break .
    Hope you enjoy it!
  • aabelein
    Options
    it's on on demand!? AWESOME!! that saves me a trip to Wal-Mart and 10 bucks! Sweet, I cant wait to try it out! Thanks everyone!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :smile:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I like this workout. It definately kicks your butt and burns lots of calories!
  • aabelein
    Options
    do you happen to know about how mandy it burns? i want to buy a heart rate monitor but i cant afford one right now. i want to be as accurate as i can with the calories i burn because as of now, i'm just kinda guessing. so if you know about how many that would be wonderful!!:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I'm also a fan of BFBM! Another workout I recently bought and have only done once is The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. My body hurt for 2 days after doing it. However...I was able to move on and complete 30 day shred on the days following Cardio Max.

Just a suggestion of another option to look at. I'm looking to incorporate 30 day shred, Cardio Max, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and Power Sculpt into one new workout program...

ANY IDEAS?!?!?!??!!?!?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    I'm doing the 30 day shred now only 9 days in and I love/hate it :laugh: !! Some of the folks on 30 day shred thread were talking abt this one and I was intrigued. Scored it on amazon.com for 7.95 new. It shoulld be here any day now.
    I won't be ready to try it probably until I finish shred (another 21 days) but after that ... I'm in!! I also got BL yoga for weight loss - I want to have something to improve my flexibility now that I'm getting leaner and stronger!
    Interested in the cal burn on BFBM - would it be logged as 40 min of circuit training?

See ya,
    Janet
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    do you happen to know about how mandy it burns? i want to buy a heart rate monitor but i cant afford one right now. i want to be as accurate as i can with the calories i burn because as of now, i'm just kinda guessing. so if you know about how many that would be wonderful!!:flowerforyou: :wink:

I'm 5'0, 127 lbs.. it said I burnt approx. 585.
    Jillian did an interview and said she designed it to burn between 500-600.
    =D
  • aabelein
    Options

I'm 5'0, 127 lbs.. it said I burnt approx. 585.
    Jillian did an interview and said she designed it to burn between 500-600.
    =D
    omg! that is awesome!! i dont care if its free on ondemand, im buying that dvd! thanks for your help!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love it...I did the 30 day shred for about 2 months and I also was ready to move on. I also got the "No Trouble Zone" by Jillian.
    Let me tell you.... I have running 3 miles 3 times a week and then alternating the 30 day shred. WELL...I was back to being just as sore as the first day I worked out. It really kicks it up! You will love it.
  • aabelein
    Options
    yay i cant wait! i hate the feeling while you're working out but i love it afterwards! you know what i'm talking about! the pain, it hurts but its a good hurt!!! :laugh: :tongue: :happy: :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Did you get this and try it yet? I'm looking for my next step after finishing 30 day shred... and this seems like it might be a good transition. I'd be interested in your feedback!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Did you get this and try it yet? I'm looking for my next step after finishing 30 day shred... and this seems like it might be a good transition. I'd be interested in your feedback!

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I finished the 30 day and needed something a little more. This was the perfect next step. Its the same type of workout but 45-50 minutes. Its great.....I burn like 400 calories.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm on day 2 of level 3 30day shred and I will more than likeley be starting BFBM when I'm done - in 8 more days. I've gave it a test drive and it was an awesome work out - much like 30day shred but as others have said - longer. Some of the moves are new - some of them straight from the shred but that's okay because ....They WORK!! I feel like i'm leaner and stronger than I've been since I was doing cheerleading in high school! I've only lost 12lbs so far since starting this w/o but that's okay too. Progress is the name of the game!!
    Lokk forward to being a part of this thread too , once I complete my 30 days. I was thinking of going through it again from level one in conjunction w/ BFBM. We'll see:wink:

Make it a great day,
    J
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm on day 2 of level 3 30day shred and I will more than likeley be starting BFBM when I'm done - in 8 more days. I've gave it a test drive and it was an awesome work out - much like 30day shred but as others have said - longer. Some of the moves are new - some of them straight from the shred but that's okay because ....They WORK!! I feel like i'm leaner and stronger than I've been since I was doing cheerleading in high school! I've only lost 12lbs so far since starting this w/o but that's okay too. Progress is the name of the game!!
    Lokk forward to being a part of this thread too , once I complete my 30 days. I was thinking of going through it again from level one in conjunction w/ BFBM. We'll see:wink:

Make it a great day,
    J

Hi! Nice to see you over here! :) Just curious - does this one require any equipment (benches, resistance bands, etc?) Or is it just a mat and weights again?
  • angelnik03
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that BFBM is incredibly tough? I can't make it through all 7 circuits in one sitting...usually it takes me about an hour to do it. :: picking up dumbbells to get ready to up my game :: :laugh: