Will I ever be a MEDIUM?

Options
So I went to the store to look at some outfits. Some of them only went up to a Medium size and didn't have a Large for one I really wanted.

My question is, can I ever be a medium? I would love to think that I have a large frame, but maybe it's just I'm making an excuse :(

Here is my story.
I'm 5'5 ~162 lb. According to pictures I've viewed online, body measurements taken, body fat scale I fall around 30-35% body fat.
Bust 41", hip 40", Waist 34".

I started at 181 lb and lost I guess 15% body fat at a minimum and around 2.5" on bust, 3" on hip, 3-4" on waist.

How many more inches or body fat % do I need to lose to fit into medium?

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    At first I thought you meant, "Will I ever be startled awake by a dream about dead people?" Then I remembered what this site is about!

medium_400X600.jpg
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    You have a lot of potential fat loss yet to happen, so yeah.

Cos you're not going to be 162lbs of muscle. Unless you take steroids and lift heavy weights
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Ok, treetop's response made me laugh out loud!

But truly, go to the website for your favorite clothes retailer. Find their sizing guide. It will give you, in inches or cm, the measurements they base their clothing sizes off of.

Size M is usually around a 36-38" bust in the US
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    At first I thought you meant, "Will I ever be startled awake by a dream about dead people?" Then I remembered what this site is about!

medium_400X600.jpg

LMFAO
  • onikonor
    Options

But truly, go to the website for your favorite clothes retailer. Find their sizing guide. It will give you, in inches or cm, the measurements they base their clothing sizes off of.

I guess if I continue losing inches at the same rate, I will need to be at 15-20% body fat just to fit at the bust of 38" inches? That's pretty crazy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

medium_400X600.jpg

x2!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I guess if I continue losing inches at the same rate, I will need to be at 15-20% body fat just to fit at the bust of 38" inches? That's pretty crazy.

Decreasing BF% becomes less drastic as you reach your goal weight. It's not that crazy...
    7201955 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is a challenge, isn't it. I have a closet full of medium shirts that I plan to wear again. But, it is so difficult to judge when that will happen. I've been swimming for 3 years and recently stopped due to the water being too cold. As a result of swimming, my shoulders have become huge. I look like the Incedible hulk with my medium shirts on. The plan is to just work the plan and see what happens. Good luck to you in your journey to health.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

^^^ This is the best advice.

Also, your wrist measurement determines your frame size.
    http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php
  • onikonor
    Options
    Wrist/Elbow measurements indicate I'm a medium frame size.
  • onikonor
    Options
    Thanks all, I'm hoping steadily the %s will come down.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Everyone is built differently. We are the same height and just a few pounds different in weight, but I wear small and medium sizes. Kinda weird, but that's just how it goes!

(Sorry this isn't any actual help - more of a think out loud moment for me. LOL)
  • onikonor
    Options
    Everyone is built differently. We are the same height and just a few pounds different in weight, but I wear small and medium sizes. Kinda weird, but that's just how it goes!

(Sorry this isn't any actual help - more of a think out loud moment for me. LOL)

Haha pretty weird.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options

medium_400X600.jpg

LOLOL! Love this!
  • onikonor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being a Medium either (spirit talker)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I am currently wearing medium shirts, and measure 36"-25.5"-37". Keep going, you'll get there :-)