Dishwasher

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
Are you one of those people who have to have the cups/plates/saucers, etc in certain places in the dishwasher, facing a certain way, or do you just toss everything whichever way and slam the door?

EDIT: To add.... I'm one of THOSE people who [try to] have all the dishes in their 'proper' place....or it makes me batty(er).

Replies

• LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy that way - I hate doing the job but I hate fixing it when my kids or my mother do it! Every piece has a place people!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    It's hard to organize cups/plates/saucers,etc. in certain places of my wife. I just leave them on the counter for her to clean.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    They MUST be orderly and it MUST be loaded a certain way. My husband knows better than to attempt to load it.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a method to the madness. Throwing things into the dishwasher and hoping for the best is the beginning of the end for the world. True anarchy.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    There's definitely a method to the madness. Throwing things into the dishwasher and hoping for the best is the beginning of the end for the world. True anarchy.

I've tried to explain this to my husband....he doesn't get it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oh I remember you.
    Yes everything has it's proper place.
    Like having a hot blonde to load the dishwasher.:love::flowerforyou:
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have to have them a certain way, otherwise, they're just not clean...
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Oh I remember you.

:wink:
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    my dishwasher usually just does them in the sink...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Oh I remember you.

naked, wearing only an apron.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    Yes and I have a special basket I use for my umm toys :wink:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, here is the theory behind this: If I do it right every time, then that means I have to do it and am expected to do it. If I mess it up enough times, then after a certain while, I'm fired from loading the dish washer.

:)
  • happypath101
    Options
    Yup. And my office is really green. So, we have a kitchen with dishes and mugs and dishwashers. This is great. But, when I see the way my co-workers load the dishwasher I get SO upset. I have actually tidied it up when we've had customers in the office. Because if I was our customer, I would look for another vendor based on the dishwasher. I mean how can organized, intelligent people load a machine that way? It looks like the result of a chaotic mind!

(I might be just a *little* uptight about these things.LOL!)
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dishwasher. Well, I do, but she's only 3, so she hasn't learned how yet.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    We have both situations.
    Wife wants all the plates and glasses just so..
    and then throws all the silverware in the baskets wherever it happens to land.

I think if you are going to take the time to 'properly' load the dishes and glasses you should do the same for silverware. Our machine has two baskets with 4 compartments each. I put all the knives together, then the dinner forks, then the salad forks, the teaspoons, then the soup spoons. There is room left over for the misc odd pieces.

Makes it SOOOO easy to unload and put away the silverware. But she refuses to take her dishwasher organization to that level. So she gets to do it all herself.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yes I like to have it loaded properly so that the arms can spin & get the dishes clean. My son loads it haphazardly & I'm ok with that too, at least he's helping out!
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, here is the theory behind this: If I do it right every time, then that means I have to do it and am expected to do it. If I mess it up enough times, then after a certain while, I'm fired from loading the dish washer.

:)

Ah, now I see the other side, I couldn't see past my OCD blinders!

I think the solution here is for me to hire an eye candy man servant who is paid to do it right.