Ok how many of you...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
Have a significant other that seems to be less and less interested in you since you've been losing weight and toning up? Or am I the only one on this boat? My wife says "Its one thing to look at muscles, but gross I do not want to touch them or cuddle up to them."

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Have a significant other that seems to be less and less interested in you since you've been losing weight and toning up? Or am I the only one on this boat? My wife says "Its one thing to look at muscles, but gross I do not want to touch them or cuddle up to them."

SEE??? I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN B*TCHES LOVE A BIG BELLY! THAT'S HOW I GET THEM!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Not me. Definitely not. And with the working out and whatnot, he doesn't stand a chance against my "toned" body.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Huh??? B!tch is crazy :noway:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    That seems really odd for a woman to say. I love running my hands across my husbands strong arms and chest. I think it's sexy. Have you asked her why she feels that way?
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It must be a personal preference thing. Cuddling up and touching muscles- one of my favorite things to do.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING better than being wrapped in strong, toned arms... or legs for that matter...:blushing:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i'm still squishy, so... no
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have heard some women say that they don't like rock hard muscles on their men. And that's okay, I guess... but if she is starting to not like your body, after all of the hard work you're putting in.. that's strange. Have you asked her why she says that??

Personally, my husband and I continue to get more and more in to each other as we both get more fit.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    So my wife is just nuts than. Heh. I knew she had to be to marry me! Now this confirms it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I like touching muscles...umm which one are we talking about first? :blushing:
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    you SO has got to be crazy :huh: you want me to give her a pep talk? :angry:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    my BF would find me less attractive if I lost weight. He wants me to have a nice *kitten* and thighs :)
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My BF tries to take credit for me losing weight. lol but he seems like he's getting nervous the more weight i lose
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    unless you look like Ahnold from back in the day... what the eff is wrong with her?
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    its either a preference or an insecurity (if she is not as fit)

I personally don't like massive bulging muscular guys. That is a preference. That being said I do love muscles just not overbearing hulk sized ones.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I started dating a guy before I was lifting and when I told him that I'd been lifting heavy and that I'm excited to see some definition he explained that he really doesn't think fit girls are attractive.... wtf?

For me, I love people the way they are, and if they are happy with themselves, I never force eating healthy, working out on them. the guy that I was dating was over weight, but I thought he was gorgeous.

Moral of the story, we not longer date.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I personally like a bit of a belly. I've never liked the look of a 6 pack or any really defined muscles. However, if my boyfriend did decided to get really ripped I'd still be just as attracted to him. I guess whatever my significant other is, if I am attracted to his personality, I'll be attracted to him no matter what. I think your SO should be more supportive of you. Although I'm not into muscles, I'd be very happy knowing my SO was more healthy and feeling good.
  • CoachHeatherM
    CoachHeatherM Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's just kinda sad..
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Soft belly is easier on her forehead!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    unless you look like Ahnold from back in the day... what the eff is wrong with her?

Haha not even close! Still rockin a lil minii spare tire. I'm far from the 'beach body' looks and not even going that way for my workout goals. So meh... just thought I'd see if I had the only insane SO out there lol... seems I do! YAY ME!!