INSANITY SUPPORT GROUP

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
Hey there MyFitnessPal friends :)

I just finished DAY 4 of the INSANITY workout and I am loving it so far!!! I am very excited about this and want to finish the entire 60 day program exactly! The thing is... I have a hard time finishing what I start! I tried P90X (3 times) and never finished the full 90 days. I tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (7 times?) and didn't make it past day 16. I was annoyed by Tony on P90X and got extremely bored to death with Jillian's 30DS dvds. I am a long distance runner, but recently had an ankle injury that has set me back from running as much as I want and INSANITY has given me that boost of endorphins that I've been lacking + a mix up in my workout routine!

So If you recently started the INSANITY workouts or are doing another round ...I think it'd be great for us to post on this thread to help motivate each other!! We can update each other on our progress, post our before/during/after pics and measurements, talk about the workouts, etc! I'm sure there is already several INSANITY threads out there, but I just wanted to start another one for those of us who are beginners!!!

Who would like to help support me ???? and I will support you too !!!

If you haven't heard of INSANITY here is a link to the official site:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?code=SEMB_GOOGLE_SAN&extcmp=g22273f20c5688ed&s_kwcid=TC|17312|insanity%20workout%20dvd||S|e|11395391173&gclid=CPeKtpn47LECFYPrKgodwQsAnA

Replies

• Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 today! If your interested in making a group, count me in :)
  • sarah307
    Options
    I am on day 5 today! If your interested in making a group, count me in :)

oh Idk how to make a group! But I was just thinking we could periodically post in the thread to update each other ?!
  • fishyfoo77
    Options
    Great job! I'm on week 2 day 3 and it totally helps to have someone to do it with.
  • sarah307
    Options
    awesome! you guys can add me as a friend if you want also!!
  • VANESA709
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day of insanity!! and I"m just like you.. I always start something but I never finish it... and I really want to stick to insanity because I want to look good!! lets keep each other motivated it!!
  • hollsab
    hollsab Posts: 1
    Options
    Today will be Day 3 of Insanity for me!! I have a feeling I could definitely use the motivation to help me push through the program :)
  • classicalcrespin
    Options
    hi! i've been thinking of trying insanity but i really need more info on what it involves before i do... can anyone tell me what exactly the program is like?
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad you guys have been doing Insanity & keeping with it! I started a Pure Insanity group, if you wanna join than click on the link & we can keep up to date and post how you day went! Thanks! DIG DEEPER!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8076-pure-insanity-s-t-bananas
  • thibk5
    thibk5 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just finished today but I am starting over and adding p90x too. Would love to some help with keeping motivated. Please add me as a friend. I have been on mfp for two months and didn't know until recently that you can add friends!
    Heather

15 lbs down, 14 to go!!!
  • myoldself2011
    Options
    I got mine yesterday and did the Fit Test Today. I understand you're supposed to start on a Monday, but there's no harm is starting in the middle of the week right? I'm interested in this group as well. Here are my fit test results:

Switch Kicks 52
    Power Jacks 43
    Power Knees 60
    Power Jumps 15
    Globe Jumps 6
    Suicide Jumps 5
    Push-up Jacks 10 - I'm amazed I got this far. I can't do a push up to save my life
    Low Plank Oblique 33
  • SylarsMom
    SylarsMom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of week 2 Insanity. I'm doing it with a group of friends. We are all doing really well. It helps motivate me, personally, to see them push themselves. I don't think I would be so excited to do it every day if they weren't there.

With that being said, I would love to periodically post on this page. I need all the support I can get! :)

BTW: bit of encouragement in regards to INSANITY. I have lost 8 pounds already. Granted, I am keeping a strict diet but the workouts are awesome.

I will post my before and after pictures when I have reached my goal. They are a bit gnarly so I won't post them until I have good ones to post beside it. he he
  • tyoung6
    tyoung6 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Insanity today . I tried it a few months ago and completed about 4 days and was so sore I skipped a day and never started back up. My advice is don't take off a day . Though it seems like you can't even walk it actually helps get rid of the soreness if you continue to workout.
    This morning I weighed 141.6
    My fit test results are:
    Switch kicks-59
    Power jacks- 38
    Power knees-46
    Power jumps-30
    Globe jumps-8
    Suicide jumps-14
    Push up jacks-14
    Low plank obliques-36

Good luck everyone :)