Long-Cooking Crock Pot Recipies, anyone?

Options
sdirks
sdirks Posts: 223 Member
Hi MFP friends!

I got a promotion recently, and find myself working 10 and 12 hour days--yay giant paycheck! I love my new position and couldn't be happier, but I notice I'm cooking the same meals over and over and over again, since the only time I have to cook is the weekends or roughly half an hour in the mornings. Between work, my workout, and the occasional date, I don't get home until 10:30 at night. At that point, I pretty much want to wash my face and fall into bed.

I'm looking for things I can prep in the morning and leave in the crock pot all day to simmer (so 10 to 15 hours); or some new things I can make quickly in the evening and let cook while I'm sleeping. There's no way I'm leaving my oven on unattended, so my crock pot has been my saving grace.

Right now I make:

Shrimp & Corn Chowder (cooks overnight)
Tomato-Based Pork Stew (cooks overnight)
Pork & Beans with Bacon (cooks for 8-12 hours)
Turkey Chili (cooks overnight or longer)
Creamy Chicken Caserole with Sweet Peppers & Adobo (cooks overnight)
My Grandma's Borscht (cooks 3-4 hours, while I do laundry or run errands on a weekend, but the prep is 45+ min)
London Broil with Mushroom Béchamel (cooks 2-3 hours with 1 hour of prep, so I can only make this on weekends)

I eat high protien, low sodium. I don't eat bread or pasta (gluten intolerance), but rice is fine. Dairy, bacon and eggs are all okay.

Looking forward to many wonderful recipies! You guys always have great stuff to share!
Sarah