CRASH 2-3

Options
Not sure what the problem is but it seems to me that between 2 and 3 pm I just crash and have no energy!! I take a multivitamin, calcium with D3, fish oil, and B12 every day without fail. I exercise like crazy in the evenings and stay within my calorie goals. Scale does not move but inches do.

Anyone else crash also? Any ideas on how to overcome this?

My other problem is that it has cooled a lot at night up here and I sleep with the windows open and just can't seem to get my behind out of bed in the morning even though I usually get 8 hours of good sleep a night!

Replies

• Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Suggestions?
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Far be it from me to make suggestions to someone who already works in the healthcare field. If that means you're a nurse, you probably know more about this than I do. Have you had your glucose checked? Are you eating a different type of meal at lunch than at breakfast and dinner? If your lunch tends to be higher in carbs than breakfast and dinner, you could be having an insulin crash those 2 to 3 hours later. Just some thoughts.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Get checked for sleep apnea.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yep get checked for apnea and high blood glucose.....i did and i had both...
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are eating before then. But, there is a good chance, the crash is food related. My suggestion--without knowing anything about you--is to eat whole grains for breakfast and protein for lunch.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    What times are you eating your meals? Sometimes I just need a boost of energy - a piece of fruit or something - in the afternoon to keep me going, usually 2-3 hours after lunch.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks all just had labs done glucose is great. I actually checked it at work when I was feeling tired and it was normal. No sleep apnea.