Help...Look at my diary.

Options
Ok so i have been on MFP for about a year. I am 5'7", Female, and 28
Six months ago the weight was coming off (i lost 26 lbs)...i have not changed much as far as activity/food.
I go to yoga twice a week (where i sweat) and workout at least two other times a week.
My food choices are not always great but relativly well rounded.
Two weeks ago i bought an ellitpical and have worked up to 30 minute sessions.

I have been stuck at 239 for five weeks....why am i just maintaining?

Thank you!

Replies

• naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would suggest NOT eating out every single day
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It could be that you're eating a lot of processed food. Try adding more fresh fruits and veggies and other non processed foods. Also, try cutting back on going to fast food restaurants as well and drink more water. :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    looks like you eat alot of fast food and pre packaged food which is not good. it contains alot of sodium. try and eat cleaner like more fresh meats and fresh veggies and fruits. also, its good to switch up your workouts because after some time your muscles and body get used to the same old thing and so you need to "trick" them by doing different exercises.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YES this^^^^
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Or the fact that you're right at or OVER your caloric goals every day. (I only went back about a week, but half of those days were over by 200-500 calories.)
  • foodisfuelforlife
    Options
    Your breakfasts are really little compared to the rest of your day- maybe if you ate more in the morning you would not need big meals! Also clean and green is gooooood :)
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I only scrolled through a weeks worth, but here is my opinion. Keep in mind I am not an expert. First I think that you need to start tracking your sodium. Based on some of your choices you are probably higher than the recommended intake. Try drinking your 8 glasses of water everyday so that you aren't retaining. That should make a difference within a week or two. Also you need to add some more fruits and veggies to your diet (high fibre) and try to eat less processed.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    looks like you eat alot of fast food and pre packaged food which is not good. it contains alot of sodium. try and eat cleaner like more fresh meats and fresh veggies and fruits. also, its good to switch up your workouts because after some time your muscles and body get used to the same old thing and so you need to "trick" them by doing different exercises.

^^^^This. Also, if you do eat out try not to eat so much fast food. Good luck.
  • KaitieBean
    Options
    Pack a healthy lunch from home when you go to work instead of going to fast food restaurants on your breaks! You'll definitely start to notice a change if you clean up your eating habits a little more :)

Congratulations on your success so far! Don't get discouraged!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You are over your calorie goal on a LOT of days, and on the days that you are under, it is not enough to offset the overage. Also, your sodium intake is really high. I would try to stay under calorie goal consistently, and try not to eat out as much and eat less processed foods.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Or the fact that you're right at or OVER your caloric goals every day. (I only went back about a week, but half of those days were over by 200-500 calories.)
    Totally agree. They do add up over time.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Track your sodium and try not to go over your allowed amount too much - which means eliminating a lot of the fast food. Also, you should probably manually adjust your settings so you start eating a lot more protein and fewer carbs. That should fill you up better and help with the days where you go over by several hundred calories. Try to eat healthier carbs too, not just the breads that come with the fast foods... fruits and veggies are so important!
  • yeahforme
    yeahforme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, except I am currently on medical leave due to a back injury (I am also an above the knee amputee). I am doing 100+ crunches and along with multiple other core exercises that are making me sweat as well. I just got the go-ahead from the doc and started walking some trails in my area - am only to 15 minutes at this point however look to getting it back up to 30. I understand your frustration. I think our bodies sometimes rebel against us because they liked being overweight - who knows why.

Since I am a true believer in visualization, I am making it a daily ritual to remind my body that it really wants to be thin. I have quite a ways to go...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Well, you eat out a fair bit, you seem to be over more than you are on target and there are a lot of processed foods there. Try eating cleaner with less salt and bring your food from home more. Add some veggies, too!

Oh, and your diet is WAY unbalanced. A tub of hummus for dinner? 2 cups of suffing? Come on now. This isn't how to eat well! Try subbing half that stuffing with a salad or green beans. It's the small changes that make a difference.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Your diet consists almost entirely of fast food and processed carbs. Try eating more lean protein, fruits and vegetables. Cut out the fast food, except as a treat once in a while. Cook healthy, whole foods at home and balance your calories throughout your day.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I eat completely differently than you, so I'm not sure that you would appreciate any advice from me. However, my diary is open to everyone if you would like to take a look at what is working for me.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to start tracking your sodium. That helped me a ton. I had no idea how much I was consuming.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you get the picture - eating out, eating processed foods, and being over your calories many days will cause the scale to stay put or creep higher. You can exercise all you want, but without a good eating plan you won't lose weight.

Eat clean - fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats. If meals out are because of time - cook a couple of big pots of stuff on the weekend and eat them during the week.

Good luck!
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options

You can even save more money by making homemade meals at home too. You should definitely start eating more raw/whole foods especially veggies.