Plus Size Running Shorts?

Options
With me starting to do runs of up to 50 minutes inside my very warm flat, I'm finding that my trusty cotton leggings are too hot and sweaty, and the inside of my legs are getting sore and irritated.

There's a wealth of plus size running shorts available in the USA, but very little that I can find available in the UK. (I'll order from the US if I have to, but I'd rather avoid the postage charges).

I'm looking for a tight, knee length short that will 'wick away' the moisture rather than soak it up - basically a nylon or spandex type material, rather than cotton. My size is probably a 3xl. I'm avoiding cycling shorts because they often have a padded gusset, and I don't need that extra layer of thickness making me even hotter.

Anyone have any good recommendations of what shorts they use, or where to get them from?

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• OtterAmber
    OtterAmber Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have problems with traditional shorts riding up when I run.. then I get chaffing and I don't like seeing stretch marks. So I use spandex shorts, like the really tight ones, and then wear more a running short over them.

I've also found nike shorts that are right above my knee, they look like cotton but they definitely have wicking material. Also capris that are like tights are my favorite. Do you fit any of the nike UK sizes? http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-102001/pid-552240

or I found this UK company that sells plus sized running clothing http://www.wefitin.co.uk/
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    i run in tights and a pair of old ratty jeans so i have the pocket to stick my phone in
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Nike has a UK shop, but I love love love their Dri Fit capris. I'm rolling thunder thighs down the road and I don't want to get any chafing. I also use deodorant on the inside of my thighs before I take off on a run. Has helped tremendously!