TGI Fridays

Options
Today my employer took the office out to eat lunch. We went to Fridays. I ordered what I normally get - the Sesame Jack Chicken Strips. It's a long skinny plate, there seems to be about the size of an average order of chicken, not too much, doesn't look like it would be that bad...

Well, when I get back to the office I log on here to post my calories...I look up the chicken strips - OMG! 1430 calories. You have got to be kidding me - just in shock. I ate about 75% of the plate figuring that since I didn't order fries or anything else that would up my lunch calorie count I would be okay. Wow - I need to research the food BEFORE I go next time. :ohwell:

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    The books EAT THIS, NOT THAT have been a huge help for me when eating out. TGI Fridays is one of the worst chains out there! The potato skin appetizer is over 2000!!!! calories, so even split 4 ways it's a full meal's worth of calories. RUBY TUESDAY is another shocking calorie bomb, not one of their burgers, including the turkey and avocado burger is under 1000 calories! I just got the 2010 Edition of EAT THIS,NOT THAT yesterday and went through the whole thing. My jaw literally fell open on every page!
  • brittanyj
    Options
    I live for the Eat This Not That books! I have both the restaurant and grocery store versions...I use them all the time!!! Its amazing the simple mistakes we can make without realizing it!! I found mine for super cheap on ltdcommodities.com. I especially love the grocery store version because he breaks down the book in two ways....one-what you want and which brand is best and two-what to get from the brands you really like.

Good luck!!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I can't afford the book unfortunatly:cry: I would love to have it. What I do is go to the websites of different restaurants in town that I would maybe eat at and print off the nutrirional facts menu. That way I can just pull them out when I need a reference.