What does eating clean mean?

I've been eating an appropriate about of calories, exercising daily, drinking my water, and haven't been losing weight or inches. I try my best to eat "healthy" but sometimes that just doesn't happen. I really want to make an effort to eat cleaner but I kind of need to know what that consists of.

Replies

• MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    I am doing the same as you and would like to know the answer to that!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Glad we can both benefit from this!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Bump. Curious what others say.
  • Wash your food with soap and water. Clean.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Wash your food with soap and water. Clean.

Don't forget to rinse the soap off...unless you have a dirty mouth.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Open your diary and we can give you better advice. :) Just curious how you determined your appropriate amount of calories?

And clean eating usually means focusing on minimally processed foods which usually give you more bang for your buck so to speak when it comes to nutrients vs. cals.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    I understood it to mean fresh. Not processed. Like sausage, most lunchmeats, frozen dinners, etc.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Eating food it in it's least processed form.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    I understood it to mean fresh. Not processed. Like sausage, most lunchmeats, frozen dinners, etc.

I understood it to be this way too.. similiar to the Paleo diet..i think :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    I'm not a clean eater, but I aim to make the majority of my food stuff that was close to the form in which it was found in nature. IE, whole potatoes instead of instant, chicken breast instead of chicken nuggets, fruits and vegetables fresh or frozen instead of canned with a ton of preservatives, a hunk of cheese from the deli instead of a can of spray cheese... :wink:

For pure convenience, though, I do sometimes have frozen dinners for lunch, and I love protein bars because they taste like candy but have nutritional benefits.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Eating food it in it's least processed form.

This ^^

or

tumblr_lc3z9v9WFq1qcaxy2.png
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    I was curious about eating clean too and the websites below helped me to figure it out. I do not follow it perfectly, as I will not give up my salad dressing :P and sometimes... I like a sweet treat. Hope these help!

www.eatcleandiet.com
    www.cleaneatingmag.com
    www.oxygenmag.com
  • eating clean = "good food is gods food"
  • butterflylover527
    Wash your food with soap and water. Clean.

Don't forget to rinse the soap off...unless you have a dirty mouth.

LOL!! You guys crack me up!
  • butterflylover527
    Open your diary and we can give you better advice. :) Just curious how you determined your appropriate amount of calories?

And clean eating usually means focusing on minimally processed foods which usually give you more bang for your buck so to speak when it comes to nutrients vs. cals.

Oops, thought it was already public lol. I eat above my my BMR and under my TDEE. Thanks :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member

Ok let's not start giving misinformation.

Sausage is not "processed" if you buy quality sausage. Sausage is simply ground meat and spices stuffed into a casing that is often natural.
  • butterflylover527
    I was curious about eating clean too and the websites below helped me to figure it out. I do not follow it perfectly, as I will not give up my salad dressing :P and sometimes... I like a sweet treat. Hope these help!

www.eatcleandiet.com
    www.cleaneatingmag.com
    www.oxygenmag.com

Thanks!! LOL!
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    bump to read later
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    www.eatcleandiet.com

Similar to here if you want to check out their recipe forums. I have read some of Tosca Reno's books and the recipes are pretty good.
  • look up Tosca Reno. She really brought the subject to light a few years ago. Some of her recipes are complicated but very tasty and she looks like a million dollars!