Reubens Yummy

Options
sanrog
sanrog Posts: 68
If you like Reubens then you will like this recipe. My husband even loved it and he doesn't like anything low calorie.

Turkey Reuben Quesadilla

1 large low carb/multi grain tortilla
1 oz (2 slices) fat-free turkey breast
1 slice reduced fat swiss cheese
2 tbsp saurkraut, drained
1 tbsp fat free thousand island dressing

Cut cheese slice into four triangles. Set aside.

Lay tortilla flat and spread dressing over it, leaving 1/2 inch of space around the perimeter. Arrange the cheese triangles on one half of the tortilla. Spray a medium-large pan with cooking spray and bring to MED heat. Place tortilla flat in the pan with the dressing covered; cheese topped side facing up.

Once cheese has begun to melt, top the cheese with turkey slices and saurkraut, adding additional saurkraut if you wish. Using a spatula, fold the dressing only half over the other half; pressing down lightly with the spatula to seal.

Continue cooking for another minute; or until the bottom is slightly toasted. Flip tortilla and continue cooking for 1 add'l minute, or until desired level of toasty-ness is reached. Remove from heat. Cut into 4 triangles. Serve.

Serves 1
186 calories, 6.5g fat, 1104mg sodium, 25.5g carbs, 13g fiber, 4.5g sugars 19g protein

I had another tablespoon of Thousand Island for dipping.

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love ruebens, theyre my guilty pleasure :>. Might have to try this. I wonder if there's such a thing as turkey pastrami...?
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love ruebens, theyre my guilty pleasure :>. Might have to try this. I wonder if there's such a thing as turkey pastrami...?
    Yes, there is. I have some turkey pastrami in my fridge right now. It's yummy! :)
  • denisel321
    Options
    Wow, that sounds good, especially with the turkey pastrami!
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    Yum :heart: Thank You!!
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    This really sounds good!!
  • NS1216
    NS1216 Posts: 26
    Options
    Mmmm I will be trying this out asap!!