I ate more than 2,000 calories today

Options
So I have been eating healthy and eating within my calorie limit which has been 1,200. But today I ate a chocolate bar that had 555 calories. How will my body react to it ? Will I gain weight? Should I not eat my calories from my exercise tomorrow? Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No, you will not gain weight from eating that chocolate bar.
    To gain 1 pound you have to eat a surplus of 3500 calories, means your maintenance calories + 3500. I'm pretty sure that those 2000 calories will be somewhere around your maintenance level, so you will just maintain for today instead of losing 0.1 pound (or whatever how much).

The question that comes to my mind is: Why did you eat the whole candy bar? That were 100g of chocolate, plus that amount of ice-cream you ate... that quite a lot of sweet stuff.
    Maybe 1200 calories is too low for you and you get those cravings? What are your stats? Height, Weight, activity level, how much do you want to lose total and per week?
  • happythermia
    Options
    You'll be fine :-)

Just start fresh tomorrow
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    you are going to be fine. just try to get on track tomorrow. i wouldn't worry about it.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord, if I gained every time I ate something bad for me I would weight a ton. Everyone loses control. Dont sweat it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. What kind of candy bar was it. I kind of want one...
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Your body will probably shed some weight tomorrow, truth be told. 1200 cals is no way to live. Eat moar food.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. What kind of candy bar was it. I kind of want one...

It kinda sounds like a World's Finest... Which, dear God, is the best chocolate in the world.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself tomorrow. LOL just go back to your routine for another few days before weighing yourself. :)
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found that the longer I do this, my body actually does really well with an occasional maintenance day. I typically have one maintenance day every 2 weeks and it has never affected my anticipated losses.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't skip dinner tonight! Have something light if you get hungry -- a piece of grilled chicken and some veggies or a sandwich. :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    One "bad" day does not a disaster make. I tell myself, I exercise and watch the rest of my diet as strictly as I do SO that I can enjoy the occassional 550 calorie chocolate bar (or ice cream or cake or ice cream & cake. . . oh Great! Now I want cake!)

You'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow. No harm, no foul!

:-)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am sure if you are exercising, you have the ability to eat 1700-2100 calories daily without weight gain, especially since you only have 1 more lb to lose.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I could say it, but Steve says it so much betterer than I'm capable of doing...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I could say it, but Steve says it so much betterer than I'm capable of doing...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/

Niced said however....how can I get over it if I have one day after another like this? I can't always use this excuse can I? LOL
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat more than 2000 calories every day. I'm 5'9", 157lbs and it takes 2600 calories a day to maintain my weight.
  • niyantac
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice! I really appreciate it. Since someone asked, the chocolate bar was a European one that my end bought for me from Romania. it is similar to the Milka one.
  • niyantac
    Options
    Well, before starting to eat healthy, eating a 100g of chocolate was something I did regularly. So since my friends came back and brought those chocolates from Europe, it was hard to resist. The ice cream you mention only had a 150 cal for the entire pint and lots of protein, so I ate it instead of a protein shake after my workout.