Any women doing a Spartan Workout?

Options
I'm going to be starting a spartan workout 2-3x a week on my "off" lifting days. Wondering if any other women have done one and what sort of success you have seen/not seen?

Replies

• bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it. Is it a video? If it isn't I would be interested in learning more about it.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I salute you. :)
  • BobbleHead365
    BobbleHead365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump I want to know more about this spartan workout.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I LIKE THIS!!!

I had to google it first. (Why post on here, "I don't know... what is it?!?")

It looks kinda like crossfit, I may have to give this a shot!
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Spartan workout day 1 complete. Gotta say - it kicked my *kitten*! If you have done Insanity, then you can do Spartan - it's just a bad *kitten* version of the concepts of Insanity. Almost a cross between Insanity and Crossfit!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I googled and I still didn't understand but there was a facebook page that would send you the workout?
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    What is it? I never heard of it
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    dont_know_bout_sparta1.jpg
  • redsoxy
    Options
    basic spartan workout:
    25 pullups
    50 deadlifts (recommend 135lbs, but I do what I can at the moment)
    50 pushups
    50 box jumps (24")
    50 floor sweepers
    50 clean and press
    25 pullups

The idea is that you do these continual. Obviously at the beginning you simply can't unless you are a machine :o) I'm doing Spartan workout on my "off" lifting days. It's a killer - and I have to take multiple breaks right now mostly on the upper body stuff...but the idea is the more you improve the less breaks. The result of this simple workout has been impressive on some people.

There is also the Spartan Race following - which is similar to the tough mudder or tough mountain type challenge races. The spartan race has a facebook page - which I also follow, and they give you great WODs every day that I do as my second work out of the day sometimes. They are NO joke and really give you a workout - mainly using simple weights and body resistance etc.
  • redsoxy
    Options
    @manderson27...that's a hilarious picture!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    basic spartan workout:
    25 pullups
    50 deadlifts (recommend 135lbs, but I do what I can at the moment)
    50 pushups
    50 box jumps (24")
    50 floor sweepers
    50 clean and press
    25 pullups

The idea is that you do these continual. Obviously at the beginning you simply can't unless you are a machine :o) I'm doing Spartan workout on my "off" lifting days. It's a killer - and I have to take multiple breaks right now mostly on the upper body stuff...but the idea is the more you improve the less breaks. The result of this simple workout has been impressive on some people.

There is also the Spartan Race following - which is similar to the tough mudder or tough mountain type challenge races. The spartan race has a facebook page - which I also follow, and they give you great WODs every day that I do as my second work out of the day sometimes. They are NO joke and really give you a workout - mainly using simple weights and body resistance etc.

Oh, you mean the 300 workout. Keep in mind that one is more of a fitness test than a workout. Plus you have to set up all over the gym. It's good stuff tho

Try this one on your off day. It's mostly core stuff so it doesn't mess up your workout day and it's bodyweight so anybody here can do it anyplace, anytime. 36 mins of fat burning fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsFQk4ZKi5I&feature=youtube_gdata_player