HELP?! 22lbs down but not a dress size??

Options
2»

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    There is a blog on here about comparing weight loss to a roll of paper towels getting smaller… and it is so true. When you first lose weight the weight just comes off in a small layer all over, then as you get smaller, each increment makes you exponentially smaller. So may be the first 22 pounds your current size clothes just fit better, but the next few pounds will probably take you down in clothing sizes more so...
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There is a blog on here about comparing weight loss to a roll of paper towels getting smaller… and it is so true. When you first lose weight the weight just comes off in a small layer all over, then as you get smaller, each increment makes you exponentially smaller. So may be the first 22 pounds your current size clothes just fit better, but the next few pounds will probably take you down in clothing sizes more so...

I like the analogy to a roll of paper towels and I can see it being very true. I have lost 25lbs so far and I am still in the same clothing as I was before. I do know that they are fitting me more loosely. I believe most of my weight loss to date has been from my belly area so my actual hips and top have not changed sizes very much. People have started to notice the change too.

Keep the faith. You are doing very well and the changes in your shape will start happening. Be happy with what you have already done and keep going!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I understand the frustration. For me I've lost in my chest mainly, fractions of an inch in my waist, arms, legs - but nothing in my abdomen! Hopefully that will come later. :flowerforyou:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are replacing fat with muscles. Good job!
  • Flutterby1976
    Options
    I posted the other day but have been thinking about your problem and had a bit of an epiphany... make sure you're eating enough protein!! I've been a vegetarian most of my life and unfortunately developed a dairy allergy which has made getting protein even harder. This app has really helped me consider my protein intake and I think that's been a big part of my weight loss because I've built up muscle (fueled by protein after a gym workout) which boosts your metabolism.I've just stuffed myself with a home made salad that included tofu and egg (protein) and steamed sweet potato (carbs) and I won't be hungry for ages (.. all nutrition for only 257 calories!). Keep up your efforts, you're doing great and you always feel the benefits before they start to show. I love the paper towel analogy too btw.