What Supplements Do U Take?

Options
if any? I was wondering what supplements you take and what are your fitness goals?

I am looking to lose bodyfat, gain lean muscle and get a little cut. I take the following daily:

1. Optimum Nitro Core 24 protein powder - 2x's a day (protein, at its most basic form is amino acids, which builds muscle)

2. Wheat Germ - 1 tbsp in the morning (wheat germ is such a rich source of vitamins and minerals, it will help the body carry out essential processes for good health. As a source of some of the B vitamins, it will help the body produce energy by breaking down food, maintain the nervous and digestive systems, assist in the manufacture of antibodies to fight infection, and maintain healthy skin. As a source of vitamin E, it will protect nutrients in the body from oxygen damage. As a source of zinc, which works with B6, it will initiate vital chemical reactions in the body, aid growth and sexual maturation and keep skin healthy. As a source of selenium, which acts with vitamin E, it will maintain body organs, promote resistance to disease and contribute to healthy hair, skin and eyes. It is also a source of lecithin. Wheat germ also contains other minerals, including magnesium and phosphorus, and so plays an important part in our health.)

3. Ground Flaxseed - 1 tbsp in the morning (Flaxseed contains quality protein, and soluble fiber. The oil of flaxseed oil in combination with the fiber content make flaxseed a great treatment for constipation and a natural laxative. Flaxseed is also high in B vitamins B-1 & B-2, as well as C, carotene, and vitamin E. Additional minerals include zinc, iron, small amounts of potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, and calcium. Flaxseed has a hundred times more lignans than any other vegetables or grains like wheat bran, buckwheat, rye, oats, or soybeans. Lignans are known antioxidants which have anti-cancerous properties especially in regards to colon and breast cancer. These antioxidants have the ability to heal the body and excrete excess estrogen from the body. This helps the body avoid cancer, like breast or ovarian cancer, linked to estrogen. Lignans have antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral healing properties.)

4. Fish oil capsule - 2x's a day (The body needs EFA's (essential fatty acids, OMEGA 3's) for "good fats" in the body. It helps with the proper digestion & distribution of protein/carbs. It also helps the joints move fluidly.)

5. Opti-women multi-vitamin - 2x's a day

6. CoQ10, 100mg capsules - once a day in the morning. (CoQ10 is considered very beneficial for the heart muscles.

CoQ10 acts as a cardio-protective and may help prevent stroke
CoQ10 gives relief from chest pain caused by angina
CoQ10 improves the ability for cardiovascular exercises
CoQ10 helps normalize heart rythm
CoQ10 helps to lower blood pressure. A study conducted in the University of Texas showed that 50% of patients who took CoQ10 were able to lower their blood pressure.
CoQ10 is an antioxidant and scavenges for free radicals.
Studies have shown CoQ10 to have a beneficial effect in Alzheimers disease by slowing dementia.
CoQ10 is highly recommended when taking statin drugs. Statin drugs are known to deplete CoQ10 which causes side effects such as heart problems and muscle aches and pains.
CoQ10 helps to improve eyesight especially in age-related macular degeneration.
CoQ10 combats Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
CoQ10 is useful for maintaining healthy gums and in the treatment of peridontitis
CoQ10 is said to prevent recurrence in patients recovering from type 1 & 2 melanoma)

Replies

• elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, a fish oil and a vit D. The vit D I take mostly in the winter (immune health mainly). I am a little concerned that you take 2 multi's a day-do they have 100% of most stuff each?
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, a fish oil and a vit D. The vit D I take mostly in the winter (immune health mainly). I am a little concerned that you take 2 multi's a day-do they have 100% of most stuff each?

The multi's I take state take 2 a day. One in the morning and at dinner time. I'm a little confused on your question... It could be the way you wrote it unless it's just me.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My family has been taking Juice Plus for more than 10 years & we're rarely sick.
    I take calcium in addition.

https://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/content/Welcome.soa
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Amino acids are actually absorbed better as small polypeptides rather than free amino acids. There's less competition for the transporters in the intestine. So taking a supplement is really inferior to just eating.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Multi (cut in half- half in AM, half in PM), calcium (with D), omega 3, probiotics. My goal right now is to get the weight off and improve my cardio and overall health.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    B-complex
    Evening Primrose Oil (omega 3)
    glucosamine
    and the occasional Emergen-C

My goal is also to lose weight, improve my cardiovascular health. I'm not looking to build muscle at all. The glucosamine has been helping with all the aches and pains from the cardio workouts. B vitamins are good in digesting and metabolising proteins and some carbs. It also helps with my stress levels, which we all know makes you fat. Vitamin C aids in cell rejuvenation.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options

The multi's I take state take 2 a day. One in the morning and at dinner time. I'm a little confused on your question... It could be the way you wrote it unless it's just me.
    [/quote

Ah, that explains it. Some are just one a day and I know of some people who think that one is good then 2 are better but really they aren't-some just flush out and some you can get toxic to in very large doses. sorry about that.
  • mrsbice
    Options
    prenatal. that's it.

not knocked up yet but we are trying :laugh:

they say to take the prenatal b/c it helps with fertility too, and it has almost 100% of what i need everyday, plus the folic acid, which is good for any baby that may come along.