Almost 50 lbs down. Tummy pic heavy!

Options
erin_zuk
erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
So I'm less than a pound away from having lost 50 lbs since January of 2011.
This hasn't been easy. I've been up and down. It's been frustrating.
But seeing the changes has been SO worth it. By the way, I'm about 5'6 and a 1/2.
I started out doing a lot of weight training, and in the last year I've been running like crazy and cleaning up my eating.

Two years ago I couldn't run 5km without stopping at least 4-5 times to walk, and finishing took 38 mins.
last week I ran 5k in 28 minutes.
I'm currently training for the ScotiaBank Waterfront Half Marathon this October in Toronto and I'm hoping to finish under 2 hours.

My stomach has always been my most hated body part. I've got stretch marks. I've got extra skin.
I don't want a 6 pack. I don't want to be 10% body fat, but I definitely want to look slim and somewhat toned.
So posting all these pictures is sort of a big deal for me.

I think this was around April 2010. I don't know how much I weighed here.
***Picture Removed due to guideline #12***

November 2010. About 220lbs.
***Picture Removed due to guideline #12***

April 2011. Around 195 lbs.
april202011.jpg

Dec 2011. 185 lbs
dec711.jpg

March 2012. 175
march911.jpg

Today - 168 lbs.
aug1612.jpg

I'm hoping to lose another 20 lbs or so, but really I'd like to focus on lowering my BF% and increasing muscle tone.

****STAFF NOTE: While we support you amazing success and salute your for it, two of your pictures had to removed. The are in violation of guideline #12 - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• gleechick609
    Options
    Great job Erin!
  • Melissa592
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!! I'm so motivated by what you've done...we have very similar stats, body types, running times, lol. I'm 5'6 1/2" too and am starting at 233...I'm down 5 lbs to 229 right now, but have signed up for a 5k a month starting next weekend...for the next 6 mos. I too have to stop several times to walk and it takes me right around the 38 mins to finish as well! I am really looking to increase my time per race and slim down...and get rid of this body fat! Thanks for your pics...and congrats on your race time!! :)
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. There is hope:smile:
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Great work and dedication!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love seeing your progress!! You really are the Energizer Bunny~putting us all to shame with your workouts. Lookin' good, lady!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look FAB. So proud to be your mfp friend, you are an inspiration to me!!!!
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I hope you don't mind if I add you for support and inspiration :)
  • dawemouse
    Options
    So I'm less than a pound away from having lost 50 lbs since January of 2011.
    This hasn't been easy. I've been up and down. It's been frustrating.
    But seeing the changes has been SO worth it. By the way, I'm about 5'6 and a 1/2.
    I started out doing a lot of weight training, and in the last year I've been running like crazy and cleaning up my eating.

Two years ago I couldn't run 5km without stopping at least 4-5 times to walk, and finishing took 38 mins.
    last week I ran 5k in 28 minutes.
    I'm currently training for the ScotiaBank Waterfront Half Marathon this October in Toronto and I'm hoping to finish under 2 hours.

My stomach has always been my most hated body part. I've got stretch marks. I've got extra skin.
    I don't want a 6 pack. I don't want to be 10% body fat, but I definitely want to look slim and somewhat toned.
    So posting all these pictures is sort of a big deal for me.

I think this was around April 2010. I don't know how much I weighed here.
    jan2310.jpg

November 2010. About 220lbs.
    nov1010.jpg

April 2011. Around 195 lbs.
    april202011.jpg

Dec 2011. 185 lbs
    dec711.jpg

March 2012. 175
    march911.jpg

Today - 168 lbs.
    aug1612.jpg

I'm hoping to lose another 20 lbs or so, but really I'd like to focus on lowering my BF% and increasing muscle tone.

omg you look amazing, great job you must be so proud. i can only dream. (for now)
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OMG, you have SHRUNK!!!! you have ribs (and an awesome tattoo) & you look amazing! flaunt it girl!!!! :D i'm sure a piercing is in your future!!!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job you should be proud
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant Erin - you must be so proud of yourself. It certainly helps to give others hope. Tummies are often the hardest things to sort, but you're really doing great and thanks for sharing.
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    Awesome job! I can only hope that I can look like that in the future!!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great progress :flowerforyou: Looking good!
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off, great job!
  • mitzi1235
    mitzi1235 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW, thank you for including the photos and congratulations. It is so worth it to be slim and not have all that weight to carry around. I am so happy for you and I will root for you.:flowerforyou:
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    GREAT Job!!! This is my exact goal!!!!!!! I am hoping to have the same results as you!! :)
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    What a huge difference. Your tum is looking awesome in the final pic. Well done you.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • MJLPAA
    MJLPAA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!