I just ran 2.5 Miles...but

Options
iplayoutside19
iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
what if people were shooting at me too. I'd probably pick up the pace a little...I'd probably be hell bent for election sprinting. But I wouldn't have on my asics, shorts, and t-shirt. I'd have on heavy, bulky combat boots...and they'd probably be wet from the weather and from fighting all day. I'd have on another 30 lbs in gear, ammo, and water....what if were out of water. What if I hadn't eaten in 36 hours? What if I hasn't slept in 36 hours. Did I mention people were trying to kill me? What if artillary were screaming in? What if it were 110 degrees? or 10 degrees. High altitude? what if I were running through sand?

I see people on here worried about things regarding their work out gear, work out time, diets, water intake, weather they should run outside or not. What if you had to worry about the stuff above?

Because Men and Women with more stones than I in the past, and currently went out and stared the enemy in the face I can run in shorts, asics, and a t-shirt and not worry about what I described above.
Thanks Guys.

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    True True True What if your legs weren't working or you were poisined we can go on & on, but I got you baby just workou already all the contemplating you could've had a great workout or two in the unnecessary time bickering with yourself.

Jason
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    VERY WELL SAID . . . Thanks for the post !
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Great Post Very True Indeed!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I humbly agree and I thank you for reminding us of what freedom we have !
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Very well put. Our freedom came at a great price!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    True True True What if your legs weren't working or you were poisined we can go on & on, but I got you baby just workou already all the contemplating you could've had a great workout or two in the unnecessary time bickering with yourself.

Jason

I think you sort of missed the point of the post.
    Re-read and think of what national holiday it is.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! You are spot on! Thank you for the reminder!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well said. :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Great way to make us stop and think! Thank you to all of the Veterans and everyone currently in our armed forces!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    um not neccesarilly, but maybe from everyone elses response, but it applies both ways anyway, it is a diet & exercise forum & it was not specific enough for me, if your talking about something I would be more specific I don't know just me I guess. I didn't jump to a sad place just an all to common situation with human nature.
  • a373073
    a373073 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder, freedom is never free!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    um not neccesarilly, but maybe from everyone elses response, but it applies both ways anyway, it is a diet & exercise forum & it was not specific enough for me, if your talking about something I would be more specific I don't know just me I guess. I didn't jump to a sad place just an all to common situation with human nature.

Okay...
    Are you in the US?
    It's Veteran's Day. So he was writing a nice reminder of what Vets went through on a regular basis while deployed.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well said, well said.

~Leash :heart:
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    Well said and I do remember those days running with boots on in full camo in the blistering sun of the desert at the hottest time of the day and for some reason I miss it. Although I did not have to worry about getting shot at, the worst I had to worry about is a freaking scorpion or sand spider.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much all veterans and active duty soldiers! And thanks to you for this awesome way of putting it!
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    You know what...everytime I get on my treadmill now i'm prob going to imagine somone running after me or something, lol. Maybe a big grizzly or cougar!!! See if that picks up the pace a bit. Or maybe go out into the woods and find a real one to chase me? LOL...PROB NOT! All i've got is a 22 and that wouldn't make me feel safe enough...and to top it off it's a single shot!
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    And I forgot to add the most important part....GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS! America would not be where we're at now without them! And even as i'm here worried about losing weight they're out there fighting. And i'm blessed to have the freedom to do all the things I can including eating what I want, and NOT eating what I don't want, lol!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Great post Iplay! I posted a couple other times but I'll post this again. A big THANK YOU to our veterans and those currently serving in some aspect of our military. God bless you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: