Chicken Breast

Options
2»

Replies

• Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The huge number of ideas for cooking chicken breast is HUGE!

I cook mine in a stock for 10min gentle simmer then turn off the heat and cover the pan for 10 mins, rest it for a few mins then slice it chuck it in what you want, Stir fry's, Fajitas.......anything!

Some great ideas to try on this thread.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    just toss it into the crock pot. i cook small boneless, skinless chicken breast, so it only take about 2 hours for them to cook. fill it half way with water, toss in seasoning. it's turns out really soft, it falls apart like shredded chicken and picks up the flavor of whatever you put in it.
  • natgallant
    natgallant Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Foolproof method whether you're cooking 1 breast or more.
    You'll need a cast iron skillet for this.
    Preheat your oven to 400
    Place your skillet on burner on medium high and get it hot!
    Brush your chicken on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
    Brown both sides on the medium high burner (about 2 minutes per side) - when you try to flip them, they should turn easily without sticking and be nice and brown -- if they stick, leave it for a minute of two longer
    Once browned, place in preheated oven for exactly 12 minutes and voila!
    Never fails, always produces moist, tender chicken to use for whatever.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have never been a very good cook, but I'm trying. I need some advice on cooking chicken breast. I grill it on the George Foreman, but it's pretty flavorless and it's always overcooked and dry, because I'm afraid of under cooking it. How do I get it to come out decent?

I cook it in the oven either in an oven bag or wrapped in foil, keeps all the juices in.
  • Spudley64
    Spudley64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have never been a very good cook, but I'm trying. I need some advice on cooking chicken breast. I grill it on the George Foreman, but it's pretty flavorless and it's always overcooked and dry, because I'm afraid of under cooking it. How do I get it to come out decent?

Considering i love chicken wings, I season chicken with pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, then slice them into thin strips.

Make sure both sides are done, Then i throw them into a pan on the stove, and poor about 2 tsp of luisana hot sause on them, let them cook turn them over maybe do a little more hot sause.

They come out tasting just like chicken wings, delicious! Add celery and fresh carrots and profit!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The very best recipe for chicken breast...... and oh so simple....:happy:

You will need a crock pot, 3 or 4 chicken breast and 1 large jar of mild chunky salsa. THAT IS IT!!!! :love:

Put the chicken breast and salsa in the crockpot and turn on high...when you get home it will be done and oh so good! :heart:

You do not have to add any seasoning or water. :smile:

We love it at my house and eat it once a week. Hope you like it!!!!! :drinker:
  • redder2
    redder2 Posts: 30
    Options
    I fry mine at a high temp to sear the meat, I use no oils just a spray of olive oil to coat the pan, then turn down for a slow cook. Very rarely is it dry. For flavor I use Mrs dash Lemon pepper salt free or one of the other salt free products by Mrs dash.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Soak in a salt water solution at least 30 mins before cooking. This will help retain juice during grilling. When a fork goes in and out easily of the thickest part, it is done. Overcooking makes it dry out and get leathery.

I like to marinate in soy sauce and grill on the George Foreman.

I also like to dip in milk and roll in crushed Ritz crackers and bake.

Italian dressing makes a good marinade as well.
  • NYFLA
    NYFLA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try a light coating of currypowder and stir fry the chicken in pan or wok. The pan can be coated with olive oil spray. Add some fresh cubed tomatoe, onion, and additional spice as desired. You may also like to add some cooked black beans to increase the fiber, protein, and a bit of additional zest. . All you need to do is use your imagination and play with flavors.
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keeping the chicken moist is best done by searing the outside.

Salt and pepper the raw chicken. Coat with a light layer of flour.

Put the chicken in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Sear both sides for 2 minutes. Then cook the rest of your recipe until the chicken is done. It will be beautifully moist inside.

I don't know if you can do that with the Foreman grill.
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Chicken breast is my #1 ingredient!

My favorite way to cook it is covered in McCormick's applewood rub and grill it or bake it. A meat thermometer is a great tool.

Buying thin cutlets (or breasts and slicing them in half) makes the process much easier and quicker!

17495672.png
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I cook a big pan of chicken breasts about once a week. I'll get one of those value packs that's about five pounds or so, cut the breasts into approximate 8-oz. portions, and place them in a pan (you'll want something with sides to hold in the liquid that comes out during cooking or you'll have a huge burnt mess in the oven). Season with black pepper, garlic powder, and a little salt. Then put it in a 350 degree oven. Check after about 40 minutes. In order to check for doneness, poke the breast in the center with your finger. It should be firm but bouncy (if your finger sinks in, give it a few more minutes; if it has no give at all, it's probably overdone). You can also check by poking the center with a sharp knife and gently pressing on the breast around the puncture; if the juices are pink/red, then it's not cooked yet, clear means you're good. Store in a preferably-airtight container (Lock&Lock brand containers are awesome and pretty inexpensive).

I like doing it this way for a few reasons. One, since I cut it into 8-oz. portions to begin with, I know later on that a serving will be half of a piece. Two, it makes things incredibly convenient. Any time I need chicken for a meal, it's already done; just grab and add to whatever I'm making. Plus since it's not heavily seasoned, it's pretty versatile and can be used for a wide variety of dishes.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm not the best of cooks, but I can cook lol.

I just sprinkle marjoram over it, wrap it in tin foil and let it cook in the oven. I check it often, stabbing the middle making sure it isn't pink. As soon as it's lost it's pink color, I take it out. It's juicy and flavorful.
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of these great idea! I'm going to try several of them. Fingers crossed!
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    these are some great ideas! i needed ways to switch up my chicken
  • firecraker05
    firecraker05 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the great ideas :)
  • justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My favorite as of late, stick some chicken breast in the slow cooker (frozen is ok too), water, salsa or canned tomatoes, and taco spice packet. Put on low for 4 - 6 hours, once the chicken is done shred with two forks and eat! We have taco night or I've been eating it over salad too. My fave spice packet is from Trader Joe's