What to drink?

Options
I am getting so frustrated when it comes to choices with beverages! I know Diet Coke isnt good for you, but it seems like the only reasonable option without calories and sugar...Apple Juice and Cranberry juice have almost 100 calories and 20 grams of sugar per glass. I drink plenty of water, which I have no problem with...but it would be nice to have some other options...What do you drink?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I drink water and Coke Zero. I tried quitting the diet soda, but...well, you know. :smile: I used to drink a lot of orange juice- I love it, but I didn't realize back then how much sugar there was in juices. I used to think OJ was one of the healthiest things you could drink.

I use some pineapple juice in my fruit smoothies though.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,753 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee in the morning, 1% milk at breakfast, 1% chocolate milk after my workout, a glass of wine with dinner, and lots and lots of water all day long.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like crystal light, tea, water, milk, coffee and the occasional coke zero.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee every morning and then water, water, water, and more water the rest of the day. Occasionally, I might have a glass of diet soda, sweet tea, or hot apple cider.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    unsweetend ice tea w/splenda, i believe it has no calories:wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    My husband gets mad at me when I drink Coke Zero, but it's when I've had it up to here with water, and I'm trying to avoid wine...
    Tisanes (herbal teas) are a good option. I've been doing mint tea at night. Aids with digestion too.
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    green tea
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    fit & active lemonade
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the people here.. I cheat once or twice a month if I have pizza.. I have a regular coke.. it's a fix. Other than that.. I have 2% milk in the morning, water ALL day.. Muscle milk after my work out.. and a glass of sweat tea at night with my dinner. If you don't give yourself SOMETHING.. everyday.. you'll end up cheating in the long run..

And for those of you that drink the diet cokes.. You really should do some research because the 'fake sugar' in it is worse for you to put in your body than to just drink a regular one! I found it shocking! (But I'm not a big coke drinker.. ) The aspartame that you are consuming on daily basis does more harm than good. Anything that says sugar free.... if it has that 'aspartame' word in it.. think again!
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    lemon and hibiscus tea first thing in the morning, followed by green tea throughout the day @ work. After workout in the evening, it's water water and more water.
  • twingle08
    Options
    I have read as well that chocolate milk (1% and in only 1/2 cup serving) is good to have after a workout if you are looking for something with taste. It has the calcium and also aids in replenishing your protein...it is almost as good as a protein shake apparently.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I drink water, and unsweet tea mostly. If I run in the morning I have some orange juice.

Friday is Mt Dew day. I have one giant 32 oz Mt Dew every Friday morning, and it's awesome!
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning, then Water, Water, Water...but I usually add a packet of some sort of Crystal Light to my water after my workout (plain water with my workout). I gave up diet Cokes awhile back and have been amazed how my sweet cravings have gone away, though now I worry about the artificial sweetner in the Crystal Light. Any thoughts? Am I undoing all the good I did by giving up diet Cokes by replacing them with Crystal Light? It really does help me get all my water in daily.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I drink water and Coke Zero. I tried quitting the diet soda, but...well, you know. :smile: I used to drink a lot of orange juice- I love it, but I didn't realize back then how much sugar there was in juices. I used to think OJ was one of the healthiest things you could drink.

I use some pineapple juice in my fruit smoothies though.

OMG Brenda Lee YOU LOOK AWESOME! I love the new pic!