Newbie. Who's into clean eating?

Options
I'm a mom with a 15 month old and he keeps me very busy. But I was wanting to get into clean eating to help out with my thyroid. Any recommendations ? I've started the green smoothie challenge...and I love it.

Replies

• antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A great source of clean food recipes is Clean Eating Magazine. They have a ton of freebies online. www.cleaneatingmag.com
  • Canderson00
    Canderson00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started clean eating a few months ago. Lately, I've been slipping a bit, but in general, I'm a huge fan and want to get better at the whole clean eating thing.
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    I love it. But since im the only one in the house who does it. Super hard to stay on track with it all. And if i do eat something that isnt clean....omg my body throws a fit like a 2 year old.
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian who eats mostly clean... looking for other friends who are the same/similar. A lot of my friends on my list don't eat clean, or even healthy for that matter. I look at their diaries and see fast food, junk, snacks, but as long as they stay under their calorie goal, I guess it's all good. My diary isn't perfect, but I do try to make an honest effort to eat the right stuff most of the time.

18198566.png[/url]
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    2012-08-18_17-18-07_88.jpg
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Definitely. I started a nutritarian lifestyle 6 weeks ago and I'll never go back. Check out "Eat to Live' by Dr. Fuhrman.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello all I have been vegetarian all my life. Started eating clean last year and it has been wrking very well for me. Feel free to add. We can share recipes and war stories against eating things with faces....lol
  • kaylamae88
    kaylamae88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Forks over Knives is a great cookbook and has some simple, easy to follow recipes. It's all plant based and I've tried a few things and have liked them all. They also have great smoothie recipes! Good luck.
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat a clean, primarily vegan diet and my food diary is public so if anyone would like to share ideas and support feel free to friend me :)
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have been eating clean about 70-80% of the time for about a year now. However, the 20-30% I don't has kept me from my goals. I started tightening things up this week. I'm starting a 30-day Eat Clean Challenge for people who want to clean up their diets or simply want more support. Anyone who wants in is welcome to friend/message me. Of course, I don't mind having more "pals" here, regardless. :happy:
  • home4sale2
    Options
    I know vegetarian, what is clean eating?
  • home4sale2
    Options
    oops, never mind, I looked it up...For other noobs like myself...
    Clean eating" is practiced by bodybuilders and health-conscious people alike. Clean foods are natural, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Many people use this diet as a way to lose weight. Used as a way of life, clean eating can make you feel healthy and full of energy.