New to site, tryin to get my health back.

Options
So I just signed up here. I just gave birth to my 2nd child 7 weeks ago, and I'm starting my journey to try and get my pre baby body back. My mom passed at the tender age of 44 and I was just 16. I really want to get my health in line so I'm around longer than that for my children. Hopefully this time I will follow through with my plans. Ive always started to try and loose weight, but I always end up getting depressed and failing miserably. I figure if I'm accountable to some other people, maybe I'll stick with it better. So hello everybody!!

Replies

• rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It has really helped me to have somewhere to be accountable. I have met some really nice people to encourage me and with that I have been able to stick to it.

Feel free to add me if you like. You can do this
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanx Rocket. Thats nice of you. Anytime I mention to family that Im tryin to loose weight I just get yelled at. They say I dont need to. Well, its not like Im tryin to be annorexic. Im 182 lbs and 36% body fat, which is pretty bad. Its just that I hide it under baggy clothes. And I dont even try to ask my sisters in law to go on hikes with me anymore, got tired of all the last minute excuses. But they are all twigs so I guess they dont need it.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kalika!!!!

Feel free to add me. I am a huge motivator and supporter and like you don't get it from my family, although my husband supports me 100%!!!

Your children are beautiful!!!

Good luck on your journey!!!
  • northwoodsquilter
    Options
    Brand new on here as of today, BMI is 39.1, I am only 5'4" and looking to get back to the weight I was when married 25 years ago, I have yo yo dieted for years and looking for accountability, no support anywhere, hoping to find some here...your kids are beautiful!!!!:wink:
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanx Denise & Northwood. I often wonder how I managed to make such beautiful kids. My hubby does support me. At first hed get upset, but I thinks thats cause I was putting myself down so much. He hates hearing me talk bad about myself. So I took a new approach, Im trying not to be so vocal about the bad feelings i have about me. (like getting sick when looking in the mirror) But I did explain to him that Im also doing this to be healthy. I want my energy back so I can do things with my family. He started supporting me more when I told him that.