For women w/ LONG hair

Options
Seokie
Seokie Posts: 197 Member
I need new ways to keep my hair up when working out! I have pretty long hair so I can't just wear a ponytail - the ends really bug me :-/

I wear my hair up in a bun but that's the only way I've found that works for me. I've tried braiding it back but its really the same issue as with ponytails.

HELP :)

Replies

• ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I French braid then "tuck" the end up inside and pin with 2 - 3 bobby pins
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    its such a pain sometimes, but i just go with a ponytail or a braid with a headband to keep it out of my face
  • Seokie
    Options
    Sometimes I French braid then "tuck" the end up inside and pin with 2 - 3 bobby pins

That's a good idea! Thanks - I'm tired of having to pull my hair so tight that it stays in place during hard cardio (I can't stand loos hair flopping around) but my scalp is starting to hurt, lol
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just do bun with a head band...
  • stephmo86
    Options
    Bun, or let it sweat in a pony. I also got super hair-ties, ones that are intended for thick hair when exercising. They don't move an inch during a workout, and they're a pain to get out of my hair. But for workouts, they're great. Look for ones with a lot of resistance and almost squiggles to them. Can't explain that better.
  • Seokie
    Options
    Look for ones with a lot of resistance and almost squiggles to them.

I will - that's one of my problems too, even if I triple up my ponytail holders, I feel like it still starts to slip :(

Honestly, I just want to stop pulling my hair out by pulling it back so tightly but I love the secure feeling when I'm jumping around.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I twist mine up in one of those huge alligator clips. they have some new ones that have some rubber inside so there's some nice friction and your hair won't slip out. I started using it at the gym, but now I use it all the time!
  • acep07
    acep07 Posts: 24
    Options
    messy pony-bun with a baseball cap! I just can't keep hair out of my face without a cap, I've tried sport headbands and bobby pins! For me nothing works better than a baseball cap.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Chop it off! I cut off 10 inches of hair last month and it has made working out so much more enjoyable haha. My ponytail used to bounce around and get plastered to my face with sweat..sooo gross.

I cut it so I could just barely pull it back in a nub of a ponytail and then used a headband to keep any wisps off my face. It's been such a nice change for the summer =]
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a messy bun secured with some butterfly clips and a head band to help with any fly aways.
  • Seokie
    Options
    I twist mine up in one of those huge alligator clips. they have some new ones that have some rubber inside so there's some nice friction and your hair won't slip out. I started using it at the gym, but now I use it all the time!

Thanks but my hair is to thick for those :( It falls out.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This is what I do. It's quick and easy to put up, and I can take it down afterward and it still looks ok (my hair is also quite curly.)
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    If you figure something out, let me know! Mine is long and really, really thick. I leave it in a ponytail 99% of the time- even when I'm not working out. I've tried buns and such too. I thought about going and having it braided into a pretty updo at a braiding salon so I can leave in for a few days.
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    my hair is too thick to slip. Half the time I bust the hair ties. I just bun it. I run and jump and do a lot of crazy stuff in boot camp and rarely have to redo it. Sometimes I double up too.
  • Seokie
    Options
    Chop it off! I cut off 10 inches of hair last month and it has made working out so much more enjoyable haha. My ponytail used to bounce around and get plastered to my face with sweat..sooo gross.

I cut it so I could just barely pull it back in a nub of a ponytail and then used a headband to keep any wisps off my face. It's been such a nice change for the summer =]

I actually did that about 2 years ago (currently growing it out from that). I chopped it off one night out of boredom to right above my chin.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I first put my hair in a ponytail and then get a "kerchief" and tie it around to keep any small hairs from getting into my eyes :wink:

ninjajpg.jpg
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just do bun with a head band...

This!!! The wispiness around my face drives me mad and when I keep it in a pony the ends literally 'slap' my back during tngs such as jumping jacks or any plyometrics. It's so damn annoying!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ^^ This or I wear two braided pigtails. Yes, dorky, I know.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm weird... I wear my hair down most of the time during workouts!! lol. I esp like to wear it down at Zumba, I don't know why but having it down makes me feel sexier and so I workout harder!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I put mine into two pigtail braids, then pin them up, either around the top of my head, or under, near the nape of the neck. Keeps me cool as I work out, and it's actually really cute when you do it right. :) if you can find those "corkscrew" pins, that you twist into your hair, I suggest getting a bunch of them. I find they are the best thing out there for holding up super thick heavy hair like mine.